SAGE Dining Services® is seeking a full time, motivated Cook, with high energy and great attitudes ready for work for a private school in the Dallas, TX area.
Positions at SAGE provide competitive wages and benefits, with hours that offer a better work-life balance than those at a restaurant. We create careers, not just jobs, with significant opportunity for growth and promotion. Team Members learn SAGE Standards and enhance their skill set through extensive training in food safety, allergen awareness, and preventing eating disorders.
Working for SAGE means being part of a community. You’d work alongside creative, enthusiastic Team Members who share your passion for culinary excellence. You’d also make a difference in an academic community and bring excitement to the dining hall with made-from-scratch, Chef-inspired recipes that delight students, faculty, staff, and parents.
Check out our video. We know you’ll love it!
- Full-Time. Part-Time and On-Call positions available
- Schedule may vary
- 6:00 a.m. to 2:30 p.m.
- Occasional evenings and weekend catering events
- Follows school calendar
What you get:
- Uniform, shoes and masks
- Benefits for Full-Time positions
- Paid sick time
- Daily training
- Competitive wages, weekly pay starting at $14.00 per hour
- An awesome team
- Career growth opportunities
- Mission-based company
What you'll do:
- Follow from-scratch recipes.
- Prepare a diverse range of foods.
- Interact with campus community in a friendly manner.
- Follow all food and sanitation protocol in accordance with COVID-19 safe practices.
- Show off your amazing customer services skills!
What you need:
- Prior cooking experience.
- Ability to read recipes in English.
- Ability to prepare a diverse range of foods.
- Reliability and flexibility.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment.
- Multi-tasking skills and ability to prioritize.
- Ability to work independently and as a team player.
SAGE has enjoyed steady, organic growth for the past 30 years. We had four clients when we started, and we now serve approximately 275 independent schools and private colleges across North America. We continue to grow and raise the bar in food service for the educational market. By sourcing local ingredients, introducing communities to new cuisines, and providing attentive service, we create exceptional dining experiences that delight the senses, inspire minds, and foster community.
When you come for an in-person interview, you’ll see we practice physical distancing in a sanitized environment. SAGE follows healthcare best practices to keep our Team Members and visitors safe, requiring them to complete daily temperature and symptom checks, wear a mask at all times, and maintain physical distancing. Of course, this is food service, so our teams are accustomed to keeping all areas clean, but we’re sanitizing and disinfecting more frequently.
This job advertisement should not be misconstrued as an offer of employment or a comprehensive listing of position responsibilities/expectations.
Equal Opportunity Employer.