Assistant Food Service Director ~ Boarding School ~ Leadership Opportunity ~Rabun Gap, Georgia
SAGE Dining Services® is seeking an experienced and ambitious Assistant Food Service Director for a private boarding school in Rabun Gap, GA. We are looking for a leadership candidate who loves food, customer service, and who wants to start a career, not just a job with us.
We are all about high volume scratch cooking, positive reinforcement team work, extreme ownership, outstanding customer service and above all, delivering incredible menus at each and every meal, whether it be a catered event or not.
This is a leadership position where you will be required to lead the team, purchasing and scheduling as well as direct and ensure all aspects of the operation are running correctly.
What you will do:
- Manage day to day operations of a busy kitchen with multiple stations.
- Manage HACCP process daily.
- Manage production record process.
- Manage inventory and high volume purchasing.
- Manage ongoing training and leadership.
- Manage special events and catered functions on three locations.
- Supervise at least one location during meal times.
- Manage all controllable expenses.
- Interface daily with customers and clients in a professional, positive manner
- Manage all food storage areas according to FIFO and sheet to shelf inventory.
- Work as a part of a larger management team
- Servsafe certification
- Experience building menus
- Experience managing a large F&B inventory
- Self-Starter attitude
- Must have a positive,professional demeanor and be able to communicate with a diverse group while maintaining mutual respect, assertiveness and understanding
- Team player and supportive nature
- Ability to execute high-end catered events.
- Strong computer skills
- Excellent customer service skills
- Ability to lead, not manage
What you get:
- Motivated team
- Appreciative community
- Annual Salary & Benefits including matching 401(k)
- Career Opportunity for growth
- Mission based company
Working for SAGE means being part of a community. You’d work alongside creative, enthusiastic Team Members who share your passion for culinary excellence. You’d also make a difference in an academic community and bring excitement to the dining hall with made-from-scratch, Chef-inspired recipes that delight students, faculty, staff, and parents.
Positions at SAGE provide competitive wages and benefits, with hours that offer a better work-life balance than those at a restaurant. We create careers, not just jobs, with significant opportunity for growth and promotion. Team Members learn SAGE Standards and enhance their skill set through extensive training in food safety, allergen awareness, and preventing eating disorders.
SAGE has enjoyed steady, organic growth for the past 30 years. We had four clients when we started, and we now serve approximately 275 independent schools and private colleges across North America. We continue to grow and raise the bar in food service for the educational market. By sourcing local ingredients, introducing communities to new cuisines, and providing attentive service, we create exceptional dining experiences that delight the senses, inspire minds, and foster community.
This job advertisement should not be misconstrued as an offer of employment or a comprehensive listing of position responsibilities/expectations.
Equal Opportunity Employer.