Prep Cook/Server ~ Near Savannah Botanical Garden!Savannah, Georgia
The Prep-Cook is responsible for preparing ingredients that lend to expediting the menu. In turn the Prep-Cook will also be responsible for and involved with preparing and packaging an all inclusive "To-Go" program.
- Full-Time - Follows school calendar
- Monday - Friday
What you will get:
- Daily training
- Uniform, shoes and masks
- Competitive wages paid weekly!
- Career growth opportunity
- Mission based company
- Accrued PTO
What you will do:
- Adequately follow the safety and physical requirements to effectively perform the duties and tasks denoted.
- Interact with client community serving students and community
- Prepare and package items such as salads and sandwiches
- Interact with the campus community in a friendly manner.
- Adhere to from-scratch recipes
- Keep areas stocked and clean
- Follow all food and sanitation protocols in accordance to COVID-19 safety practices.
- Show off your amazing customer service skills
What you will need:
- Understanding of HACCP Policy and Procedures
- The ability to read and follow standardized recipes and menus
- Reliability and flexibility
- Proficient knife skills
- Ability to follow directions
- Ability to multi task
- Self motivated
- Be creative
- Customer service skills
- Reliable transportation - we are located close to public transit
- Passion for people & food
To get a glimpse of what a day at a SAGE venue looks like, check out our video: https://vimeo.com/340290507/19b1fa72cf
Working for SAGE means being part of a community. You’d work alongside creative, enthusiastic Team Members who share your passion for culinary excellence. You’d also make a difference in an academic community and bring excitement to the dining hall with made-from-scratch, Chef-inspired recipes that delight students, faculty, staff, and parents.
Positions at SAGE provide competitive wages and benefits, with hours that offer a better work-life balance than those at a restaurant. We create careers, not just jobs, with significant opportunity for growth and promotion. Team Members learn SAGE Standards and enhance their skill set through extensive training in food safety, allergen awareness, and preventing eating disorders.
SAGE has enjoyed steady, organic growth for the past 30 years. We had four clients when we started, and we now serve approximately 275 independent schools and private colleges across North America. We continue to grow and raise the bar in food service for the educational market. By sourcing local ingredients, introducing communities to new cuisines, and providing attentive service, we create exceptional dining experiences that delight the senses, inspire minds, and foster community.
This job advertisement should not be misconstrued as an offer of employment or a comprehensive listing of position responsibilities/expectations.
Equal Opportunity Employer.