Food Service/ Kitchen HelperMaple Ridge, British Columbia
Working for SAGE means being part of a community. You’d work alongside creative, enthusiastic Team Members who share your passion for culinary excellence. You’d also make a difference in an academic community and bring excitement to the dining hall with made-from-scratch, Chef-inspired recipes that delight students, faculty, staff, and parents.
Positions at SAGE provide competitive wages and benefits, with hours that offer a better work-life balance than those at a restaurant. We create careers, not just jobs, with significant opportunity for growth and promotion. Team Members learn SAGE Standards and enhance their skill set through extensive training in food safety, allergen awareness, and preventing eating disorders.
Check out our video. We know you’ll love it!
- Prep Cook
- Utility Dishwasher
- Monday – Friday
- Occasional evenings and weekend catering events
- Follows school calendar
What you get:
- Uniform and masks
- Daily training
- Competitive wages, paid weekly
- An awesome team
- Career growth opportunities
- Mission based company
What you'll do:
- Follow from-scratch recipes
- Wash cookware and dishware
- Keep areas stocked and clean
- Keep workspace clean and organized
- Follow all food and sanitation protocols in accordance to COVID-19 safety practices
- Assist chefs with preparing meals
- Show off your amazing customer services skills
What you need:
- Exceptional customer services skills—your smile is part of the uniform!
- Ability to stand long periods of time
- Prior food service experience preferred
- Ability to read recipes in English
- Reliability and flexibility
- Ability to work in a fast pace environment
- Multi-tasking skills and ability to prioritize
- Ability to work independently and as a team player
We’re using phone and video interviewing to make the hiring process safe and present as little risk as possible to you as an applicant. When you come for an in-person interview, you’ll see we practice physical distancing in a sanitized environment. SAGE follows healthcare best practices to keep our Team Members and visitors safe, requiring them to complete daily temperature and symptom checks, wear a mask at all times, and maintain physical distancing. Of course, this is food service, so our teams are accustomed to keeping all areas clean, but we’re sanitizing and disinfecting more frequently.
SAGE has enjoyed steady, organic growth for the past 30 years. We had four clients when we started, and we now serve approximately 275 independent schools and private colleges across North America. We continue to grow and raise the bar in food service for the educational market. By sourcing local ingredients, introducing communities to new cuisines, and providing attentive service, we create exceptional dining experiences that delight the senses, inspire minds, and foster community.
This job advertisement should not be misconstrued as an offer of employment or a comprehensive listing of position responsibilities/expectations.
Equal Opportunity Employer.