Cook ~ Weekdays ~ Scratch Kitchen!Short Hills, New Jersey
To get a glimpse of what a day at a SAGE venue looks like, check out our video: https://vimeo.com/340290507
- Follows school schedule
What you get:
- Uniform and masks
- Daily training
- Competitive wages, paid weekly
- An awesome team
- Career growth opportunities
- Mission based company
- Prepare a wide variety of foods for meal service
- Follow from-scratch recipes
- Work alongside Chef and Food Service Director to create outstanding dining experiences
- Interact with campus community in a friendly way
- Follow all food and sanitation protocols in accordance with COVID-19 safety practices
- Work with a great team of culinary talent
What you need:
- Prior cooking experience required
- Great knife skills
- Ability to work in an organized fashion with the emphasis on great food, high safety standards, and a clean work environment
- Great people skills, friendly demeanor, 'CAN DO' attitude
- Ability to read English, follow and execute SAGE designed recipes and production sheets
- Follow and provide good oral and verbal written instructions
- Ability to properly set up various stations or buffet
- Ability to multitask
- Strong desire to create amazing food and to make every dining experience exceptional for the client and community
Working for SAGE means being part of a community. You’d work alongside creative, enthusiastic Team Members who share your passion for culinary excellence. You’d also make a difference in an academic community and bring excitement to the dining hall with made-from-scratch, Chef-inspired recipes that delight students, faculty, staff, and parents.
Positions at SAGE provide competitive wages and benefits, with hours that offer a better work-life balance than those at a restaurant. We create careers, not just jobs, with significant opportunity for growth and promotion. Team Members learn SAGE Standards and enhance their skill set through extensive training in food safety, allergen awareness, and preventing eating disorders.
SAGE has enjoyed steady, organic growth for the past 30 years. We had four clients when we started, and we now serve approximately 275 independent schools and private colleges across North America. We continue to grow and raise the bar in food service for the educational market. By sourcing local ingredients, introducing communities to new cuisines, and providing attentive service, we create exceptional dining experiences that delight the senses, inspire minds, and foster community.
This job advertisement should not be misconstrued as an offer of employment or a comprehensive listing of position responsibilities/expectations.
Equal Opportunity Employer.