Assistant Food Service Director ~ Campus Dining ~ Private SchoolAsheville, North Carolina
To get a glimpse of what a day at a SAGE venue looks like, check out our video: https://vimeo.com/340290507/19b1fa72cf
What you get:
- Opportunity for growth
- Schedule dependent on catering events
- Great team
- Beautiful community who appreciates what we do
- Demonstrate exemplary customer service skills
- Community catering management and coordination
- Manage decor and merchandising
- Hire and mentor catering staff
- Aid the FSD in general location management
- Manage costing for special events
- Maintain HACCP standards
- Develop strong client and customer relationships
- Communicate clearly, professionally and effectively
- Deliver budgeted financial results
- Create a positive team environment
- Follow and ensure SAGE standards and uphold SAGE mission
- Superior computer skills with Microsoft Office and Outlook
- Minimum three years hands-on catering experience
- Candidate must be dynamic, outgoing, and friendly.
- Catering background a must, culinary background a plus
- Strong familiarity with costing/billing and banquet event orders
- Be able to plan and organize with proficiency
- Knowledge of all things catering: set ups, menu process and client meetings
- Strong customer service skills
- Fluency in sanitation and safety standards
- High energy, positive attitude and superior ethics
- Dynamic get-it-done work ethic
- Incredible work history and amazing references
Positions at SAGE provide competitive wages and benefits, with hours that offer a better work-life balance than those at a restaurant. We create careers, not just jobs, with significant opportunity for growth and promotion. Team Members learn SAGE Standards and enhance their skill set through extensive training in food safety, allergen awareness, and preventing eating disorders.
SAGE has enjoyed steady, organic growth for the past 30 years. We had four clients when we started, and we now serve approximately 275 independent schools and private colleges across North America. We continue to grow and raise the bar in food service for the educational market. By sourcing local ingredients, introducing communities to new cuisines, and providing attentive service, we create exceptional dining experiences that delight the senses, inspire minds, and foster community.
We’re using phone and video interviewing to make the hiring process safe and present as little risk as possible to you as an applicant. When you come for an in-person interview, you’ll see we practice physical distancing in a sanitized environment. SAGE follows healthcare best practices to keep our Team Members and visitors safe, requiring them to complete daily temperature and symptom checks, wear a mask at all times, and maintain physical distancing. Of course, this is food service, so our teams are accustomed to keeping all areas clean, but we’re sanitizing and disinfecting more frequently.
This job advertisement should not be misconstrued as an offer of employment or a comprehensive listing of position responsibilities/expectations.
Equal Opportunity Employer.