Prep Cook ~ Private School ~ Weekdays!Roslyn, New York
The Prep Cook is responsible for preparing ingredients for scratch recipes and preparing and packaging an all-inclusive "To-Go" program.
To get a glimpse of what a day at a SAGE venue looks like, check out our video: https://vimeo.com/340290507
- Monday - Friday
- Follows school calendar
What you will get:
- Benefits & accrued PTO
- Daily training
- Uniform, shoes and masks
- Competitive wages paid weekly!
- Career growth opportunity
- Mission based company
What you will do:
- Interact with client community serving students and community
- Prepare and package items such as salads and sandwiches
- Interact with the campus community in a friendly manner.
- Adhere to from-scratch recipes
- Keep areas stocked and clean
- Follow all food and sanitation protocols in accordance to COVID-19 safety practices.
- Show off your amazing customer service skills
What you will need:
- Understanding of HACCP Policy and Procedures
- Ability to read and follow standardized recipes and menus in English
- Reliable transportation
- Reliability and flexibility
- Strong work ethic in a fast-paced environment
- Proficient knife skills
- Ability to follow directions
- Customer service skills
- Passion for people & food
We’re using phone and video interviewing to make the hiring process safe and present as little risk as possible to you as an applicant. When you come for an in-person interview, you’ll see we practice physical distancing in a sanitized environment. SAGE follows healthcare best practices to keep our Team Members and visitors safe, requiring them to complete daily temperature and symptom checks, wear a mask at all times, and maintain physical distancing. Of course, this is food service, so our teams are accustomed to keeping all areas clean, but we’re sanitizing and disinfecting more frequently.
Working for SAGE means being part of a community. You’d work alongside creative, enthusiastic Team Members who share your passion for culinary excellence. You’d also make a difference in an academic community and bring excitement to the dining hall with made-from-scratch, Chef-inspired recipes that delight students, faculty, staff, and parents.
Positions at SAGE provide competitive wages and benefits, with hours that offer a better work-life balance than those at a restaurant. We create careers, not just jobs, with significant opportunity for growth and promotion. Team Members learn SAGE Standards and enhance their skill set through extensive training in food safety, allergen awareness, and preventing eating disorders.
SAGE has enjoyed steady, organic growth for the past 30 years. We had four clients when we started, and we now serve approximately 275 independent schools and private colleges across North America. We continue to grow and raise the bar in food service for the educational market. By sourcing local ingredients, introducing communities to new cuisines, and providing attentive service, we create exceptional dining experiences that delight the senses, inspire minds, and foster community.
This job advertisement should not be misconstrued as an offer of employment or a comprehensive listing of position responsibilities/expectations.
Equal Opportunity Employer.