Prep Cook ~ Private Day School ~ Mendota Heights, MNMendota Heights, Minnesota
To get a glimpse of what a day at a SAGE venue looks like, check out our video: https://vimeo.com/340290507/19b1fa72cf
- Monday - Friday
- 6:00 AM - 2:30 PM
- Follows school calendar
What you will get:
- Paid sick time
- Daily training
- Uniforms, shoes and masks
- Competitive wages paid weekly: $15/hour
- Career growth opportunity
What you will do:
- Prepare a wide variety of foods for meal service
- Follow from-scratch recipes
- Work alongside Lead Cook Food Service Director to create outstanding dining experiences
- Interact with campus community in a friendly way
- Follow all food and sanitation protocols in accordance with COVID-19 safety practices
- Work with a great team of culinary talent
What you need:
- Reliable transportation
- Fabulous customer service skills; your smile is part of the uniform!
- Strong work ethic in a fast-paced environment
- Passion for and creativity with food
- Ability to work well independently and as a team player
- Ability to communicate and read in English
- ServSafe knowledge preferred
- Capacity to stand for long periods of time
- Ability to multitask
Working for SAGE means being part of a community. You’d work alongside creative, enthusiastic Team Members who share your passion for culinary excellence. You’d also make a difference in an academic community and bring excitement to the dining hall with made-from-scratch, Chef-inspired recipes that delight students, faculty, staff, and parents.
Positions at SAGE provide competitive wages and benefits, with hours that offer a better work-life balance than those at a restaurant. We create careers, not just jobs, with significant opportunity for growth and promotion. Team Members learn SAGE Standards and enhance their skill set through extensive training in food safety, allergen awareness, and preventing eating disorders.
SAGE has enjoyed steady, organic growth for the past 30 years. We continue to grow and raise the bar in food service for the educational market. By sourcing local ingredients, introducing communities to new cuisines, and providing attentive service, we create exceptional dining experiences that delight the senses, inspire minds, and foster community.
This job advertisement should not be misconstrued as an offer of employment or a comprehensive listing of position responsibilities/expectations.
Equal Opportunity Employer.