Lead Cook/Sous Chef - Oklahoma City, OKOklahoma City, Oklahoma
Working for SAGE means being part of a community. You’d work alongside creative, enthusiastic Team Members who share your passion for culinary excellence. You’d also make a difference in an academic community and bring excitement to the dining hall with made-from-scratch, Chef-inspired recipes that delight students, faculty, staff, and parents.
Positions at SAGE provide competitive wages and benefits, with hours that offer a better work-life balance than those at a restaurant. We create careers, not just jobs, with significant opportunity for growth and promotion. Team Members learn SAGE Standards and enhance their skill set through extensive training in food safety, allergen awareness, and preventing eating disorders.
To get a glimpse of what a day at a SAGE venue looks like, check out our video: https://vimeo.com/340290507/19b1fa72cf
- Follows school calendar
- Occasional events/overtime outside of the regular schedule
What you get:
- Paid sick time
- Daily training
- Free lunch
- Uniform, shoes and masks
- Competitive wages paid weekly: $15/hr
- Career growth opportunity
- Mission-based company
What you'll do:
- Follow from-scratch recipes
- Follow food and sanitation protocol in accordance with COVID-19 safety practices
- Assist with catering events
- Take the lead on prep and kitchen production - this is hands on!
- Keep accurate production logs
- Inspire and motivate team members
- Maintain a clean and organized work space
- Interact with community
What you will need:
- Substantial culinary knowledge and prior cooking experience preferably in
- restaurants and/or catering required
- Reliable transportation required
- Familiarity with diverse styles of cuisine & food safety procedures
- Ability to read and write in English and use simple math
- Strong organizational skills
- ServSafe certification is a plus
SAGE has enjoyed steady, organic growth for the past 30 years. We continue to grow and raise the bar in food service for the educational market. By sourcing local ingredients, introducing communities to new cuisines, and providing attentive service, we create exceptional dining experiences that delight the senses, inspire minds, and foster community.
This job advertisement should not be misconstrued as an offer of employment or a comprehensive listing of position responsibilities/expectations.
Equal Opportunity Employer.