Pastry Cook/Server ~ Private Day School ~NashvilleNashville, Tennessee
We are a small private school looking for a hard working individual to join our close knit team.
Competitive wages starting at $14.00 per hour
To get a glimpse of what a day at a SAGE venue looks like, check out our video: https://vimeo.com/340290507/19b1fa72cf
- Monday -Friday 6:00 AM-2:30 PM
- Summer and Holidays off
What you will get:
- Paid sick time
- Competitive wages paid weekly
- Career growth opportunities
- Uniform, shoes and masks
- Career growth opportunity
- Mission-based company
What you'll do:
- Adhere to and follow from-scratch recipes, with a focus on pastry and desserts.
- Follow production for daily food preparation
- Follow all food and sanitation protocol
- Use fresh and seasonal ingredients daily
- Assist with all daily kitchen duties & food production
- Interact with client community in a friendly manner
- Interact with the student and faculty community in a friendly way
What you need:
- Food service experience is a must
- FOH & BOH experience
- Great customer service skills
- Strong work ethic in a fast-paced environment
- Passion for and creativity with food
- Ability to work well independently as a team player
- Ability to communicate and read in English
- Ability to stand for a long period of time
- Reliable transportation
Working for SAGE means being part of a community. You’d work alongside creative, enthusiastic Team Members who share your passion for culinary excellence. You’d also make a difference in an academic community and bring excitement to the dining hall with made-from-scratch, Chef-inspired recipes that delight students, faculty, staff, and parents.
Positions at SAGE provide competitive wages and benefits, with hours that offer a better work-life balance than those at a restaurant. We create careers, not just jobs, with significant opportunity for growth and promotion. Team Members learn SAGE Standards and enhance their skill set through extensive training in food safety, allergen awareness, and preventing eating disorders.
This job advertisement should not be misconstrued as an offer of employment or a comprehensive listing of position responsibilities/expectations.
Equal Opportunity Employer.