Prep Cooks/Line Servers~ Monday-Friday~ Part-Time!Newtown Square, Pennsylvania
To get a glimpse of what a day at a SAGE venue looks like, check out our video: https://vimeo.com/340290507/19b1fa72cf
Working for SAGE means being part of a community. You’d work alongside creative, enthusiastic Team Members who share your passion for culinary excellence. You’d also make a difference in an academic community and bring excitement to the dining hall with made-from-scratch, Chef-inspired recipes that delight students, faculty, staff, and parents.
- 9:30am-2:30pm (negotiable)
- Summer and holidays off
What you get:
- Paid sick time
- Daily training
- Uniform, shoes, & masks
- Competitive wages, paid weekly: $15 per hour
- An awesome team
- Career growth opportunities
- Mission based company
What you'll do:
- Follow scratch recipes
- Follow production for daily food preparation
- Follow all food and sanitation protocol
- Use fresh and seasonal ingredients daily
- Assist with all daily kitchen duties & food production
- Interact with client community in a friendly manner
- Interact with the student and faculty community in a friendly way
What you need:
- Reliable transportation; No public transportation
- Food service experience is a must
- FOH & BOH experience
- Great customer service skills
- Strong work ethic in a fast-paced environment
- Passion for and creativity with food
- Ability to work well independently as a team player
- Ability to stand for a long period of time
We’re using phone and video interviewing to make the hiring process safe and present as little risk as possible to you as an applicant. When you come for an in-person interview, you’ll see we practice physical distancing in a sanitized environment. SAGE follows healthcare best practices to keep our Team Members and visitors safe, requiring them to complete daily temperature and symptom checks, wear a mask at all times, and maintain physical distancing. Of course, this is food service, so our teams are accustomed to keeping all areas clean, but we’re sanitizing and disinfecting more frequently.
Positions at SAGE provide competitive wages and benefits, with hours that offer a better work-life balance than those at a restaurant. We create careers, not just jobs, with significant opportunity for growth and promotion. Team Members learn SAGE Standards and enhance their skill set through extensive training in food safety, allergen awareness, and preventing eating disorders.
SAGE has enjoyed steady, organic growth for the past 30 years. We continue to grow and raise the bar in food service for the educational market. By sourcing local ingredients, introducing communities to new cuisines, and providing attentive service, we create exceptional dining experiences that delight the senses, inspire minds, and foster community.
This job advertisement should not be misconstrued as an offer of employment or a comprehensive listing of position responsibilities/expectations.
Equal Opportunity Employer.