On Call Experienced Cook - Fort Worth, TXFort Worth, Texas
Join our team of chefs as we serve a variety of cuisines, using tested safety measures to protect you and our community.
Working for SAGE means being part of a community. You’d work alongside creative, enthusiastic Team Members who share your passion for culinary excellence. You’d also make a difference in an academic community and bring excitement to the dining hall with made-from-scratch, Chef-inspired recipes that delight students, faculty, staff, and parents.
Positions at SAGE provide competitive wages and benefits, with hours that offer a better work-life balance than those at a restaurant. We create careers, not just jobs, with significant opportunities for growth and promotion. Team Members learn SAGE Standards and enhance their skill set through extensive training in food safety, allergen awareness, and preventing eating disorders.
To get a glimpse of what a day at a SAGE venue looks like, check out our video: https://vimeo.com/340290507/19b1fa72cf
- On Call
- Monday thru Friday
- Hours Vary
- Occasional opportunity for overtime with evening catered events
- Follow school calendar
What you get:
- Daily training
- An awesome team
- Competitive wages starting at $20.00 per hour
- Weekly pay
- Career growth opportunity
What you'll do:
- Prepare a diverse range of foods
- Adhere to from-scratch recipes
- Present meals beautifully
- Assist other team members and management with additional work
- Follow all food and sanitation protocol in accordance with COVID-19 safe practices
- Professional cooking experience
- A friendly demeanor, your smile is part of the uniform!
- Strong work ethic in a fast-paced environment (we feed 1300 people in 1.5 hours!)
- Solid work history and great references
- Reliable transportation: not on a bus line
- Ability to follow recipes and communicate in English
- Capacity to stand for long periods of time and perform some heavy lifting
- Serve Safe Certification a plus