Cook ~ Palmetto Bay Area!Palmetto Bay, Florida
This location is currently under construction--which means a brand new, state-of-the-art kitchen in the near future! This is not an ordinary position. This position will allow excitement, growth, and future opportunities for candidates who are adaptable.
- Mostly weekdays
- Follows school calendar
- Occasional weekends/overtime outside of the regular schedule
What you get:
- Benefits for full-time positions
- Daily training
- Uniforms, masks
- Mission-based company
- Free meal during shift
- Competitive wages paid weekly: $12/hr
- Career growth opportunity
What you'll do:
- Prepare a wide variety of foods for meal service
- Follow from-scratch recipes
- Work alongside Chef and Food Service Director to create outstanding dining experiences
- Interact with campus community in a friendly way
- Follow all food and sanitation protocols in accordance with COVID-19 safety practices
- Work with a great team of culinary talent
What you need:
- Prior cooking experience required
- Great knife skills
- Ability to work in an organized fashion with the emphasis on great food, high safety standards, and a clean work environment
- Great people skills, friendly demeanor, 'CAN DO' attitude
- Able to work well under stress & multi-task
- Ability to follow and execute SAGE designed recipes and production sheets
- Follow and provide good oral and verbal written instructions
- Ability to properly set up various stations or buffet
- Strong desire to create amazing food and to make every dining experience exceptional for the client and community
We’re using phone and video interviewing to make the hiring process safe and present as little risk as possible to you as an applicant. When you come for an in-person interview, you’ll see we practice physical distancing in a sanitized environment. SAGE follows healthcare best practices to keep our Team Members and visitors safe, requiring them to complete daily temperature and symptom checks, wear a mask at all times, and maintain physical distancing. Of course, this is food service, so our teams are accustomed to keeping all areas clean, but we’re sanitizing and disinfecting more frequently.
To get a glimpse of what a day at a SAGE venue looks like, check out our video: https://vimeo.com/340290507/19b1fa72cf
SAGE has enjoyed steady, organic growth for the past 30 years. We had four clients when we started, and we now serve independent schools and private colleges across North America. We continue to grow and raise the bar in food service for the educational market. By sourcing local ingredients, introducing communities to new cuisines, and providing attentive service, we create exceptional dining experiences that delight the senses, inspire minds, and foster community.
This job advertisement should not be misconstrued as an offer of employment or a comprehensive listing of position responsibilities/expectations.
Equal Opportunity Employer.