Food Service Workers ~ On-Call ~ Cooks, Servers, & UtilityEdison, New Jersey
On-call positions at SAGE allow you to build upon your time management skills while building rapport with the school community and team. These positions are an opportunity to show off your talents and have great potential to turn into full-time roles!
To get a glimpse of what a day at a SAGE venue looks like, check out our video: https://vimeo.com/340290507
- Variable; On-Call position - being available last minute is a plus!
- Mostly weekday hours
- Possible weekend hours
- Occasional evening catering
We're looking for:
- Prep Cooks/Servers
- Dishwashers/Utility workers
What you'll get:
- Uniforms, shoes, and masks
- Competitive wages
- A meal during your shift
- Career opportunity with a growing company
- Positive community interaction
- Management committed to your success
What you'll do:
- Follow all food and sanitation protocol especially in accordance with COVID-19 safe practices
- Use fresh and seasonal ingredients daily
- Adapt to the daily changes in a positive manner
- Assist with all daily kitchen duties including general cleaning, dish washing, & food production
- Interact with co-workers, students and client community in a friendly manner
- Complete any job in the kitchen and/or dining room as assigned
What you'll need:
- Excellent and outgoing customer service skills
- Upbeat and positive attitude--your smile is part of the uniform!
- Willingness to learn and adapt to changes
- Strong work ethic in a very fast-paced environment, work with limited supervision
- Ability to put away stock when goods are delivered
- Experience in contract food service is a plus!
- Experience in high-volume production
- Ability to come in last-minute to cover call-outs
We’re using phone and video interviewing to make the hiring process safe and present as little risk as possible to you as an applicant. When you come for an in-person interview, you’ll see we practice physical distancing in a sanitized environment. SAGE follows healthcare best practices to keep our Team Members and visitors safe, requiring them to complete daily temperature and symptom checks, wear a mask at all times, and maintain physical distancing. Of course, this is food service, so our teams are accustomed to keeping all areas clean, but we’re sanitizing and disinfecting more frequently.
Working for SAGE means being part of a community. You’d work alongside creative, enthusiastic Team Members who share your passion for culinary excellence. You’d also make a difference in an academic community and bring excitement to the dining hall with made-from-scratch, Chef-inspired recipes that delight students, faculty, staff, and parents.
Positions at SAGE provide competitive wages and benefits, with hours that offer a better work-life balance than those at a restaurant. We create careers, not just jobs, with significant opportunity for growth and promotion. Team Members learn SAGE Standards and enhance their skill set through extensive training in food safety, allergen awareness, and preventing eating disorders.
SAGE has enjoyed steady, organic growth for the past 30 years.We continue to grow and raise the bar in food service for the educational market. By sourcing local ingredients, introducing communities to new cuisines, and providing attentive service, we create exceptional dining experiences that delight the senses, inspire minds, and foster community.
This job advertisement should not be misconstrued as an offer of employment or a comprehensive listing of position responsibilities/expectations.
Equal Opportunity Employer.