Executive Chef ~ Campus Dining ~ Hands on Culinary positionRipon, Wisconsin
The Executive Chef is responsible for supporting the Director with all aspects of the account: catering, service, production, sanitation, team development and financial performance.
Our chefs and culinary teams are talented individuals who know how to prepare a great meal! Menus, written by our chefs and prepared from scratch, reflect local and regional foods, flavors and culinary styles. Our culinary teams' cooking methods, recipe development and expertise make every dining experience truly unique. Our catering events rival five star restaurants.
The Executive Chef must have a passion for people and food. The Candidate will have a CAN DO!! attitude, strong communication skills, high energy and enthusiasm. The best candidate will enjoy current food trends, and have nutritional and wellness awareness. In addition, the ideal employee will have great skills: people, planning, organizational, computer, and customer service.
What you will do:
- Create cycle menus and actively lead the production of the menu
- Keep accurate production records, lead team to follow all company programs
- Aid in the recruitment, management, and training of kitchen team
- Demonstrate exemplary customer service skills
- Implement and maintain HACCP and COVID-19 safety standards
- Develop and maintain client and customer relationships
- Deliver fabulous catering results for weddings, corporate & upscale events
- Communicate clearly, professionally and effectively
- Create a positive team environment
- Other duties as assigned and participate in general location management
- Minimum 3 years of prior food service management experience
- Hands on culinary experience with upscale menus
- Experience managing an hourly team
- Knowledge of food allergens, and general nutrition guidelines
- Knowledgeable in current food trends
- Community/ service minded
- Culinary degree a plus
- Energetic demeanor
- Strong work ethic and integrity
- Timely responses to communication
- Proficiency with computers
Working for SAGE means being part of a community. You’d work alongside creative, enthusiastic Team Members who share your passion for culinary excellence. You’d also make a difference in an academic community and bring excitement to the dining hall with made-from-scratch, Chef-inspired recipes that delight students, faculty, staff, and parents.
Positions at SAGE provide competitive wages and benefits, with hours that offer a better work-life balance than those at a restaurant. We create careers, not just jobs, with significant opportunity for growth and promotion. Team Members learn SAGE Standards and enhance their skill set through extensive training in food safety, allergen awareness, and preventing eating disorders.
SAGE has enjoyed steady, organic growth for the past 30 years. We continue to grow and raise the bar in food service for the educational market. By sourcing local ingredients, introducing communities to new cuisines, and providing attentive service, we create exceptional dining experiences that delight the senses, inspire minds, and foster community.
We’re using phone and video interviewing to make the hiring process safe and present as little risk as possible to you as an applicant. When you come for an in-person interview, you’ll see we practice physical distancing in a sanitized environment. SAGE follows healthcare best practices to keep our Team Members and visitors safe, requiring them to complete daily temperature and symptom checks, wear a mask at all times, and maintain physical distancing. Of course, this is food service, so our teams are accustomed to keeping all areas clean, but we’re sanitizing and disinfecting more frequently.
This job advertisement should not be misconstrued as an offer of employment or a comprehensive listing of position responsibilities/expectations.
Equal Opportunity Employer.