Sous Chef/ Lead Cook ~ Career Growth ~ Private SchoolHebron, Maine
Working for SAGE means being part of a community. You’d work alongside creative, enthusiastic Team Members who share your passion for culinary excellence. You’d also make a difference in an academic community and bring excitement to the dining hall with made-from-scratch, Chef-inspired recipes that delight students, faculty, staff, and parents.
To get a glimpse of what a day at a SAGE venue looks like, check out our video: https://vimeo.com/340290507/19b1fa72cf
- Sunday - Thursday
- Occasional events outside of regular schedule
- Schedule based on school calendar
What you get:
- Benefits for full-time positions
- Daily training
- An awesome team
- Competitive pay $17-$20 per hour DOE
- Career growth opportunity
What you'll do:
- Prepare a diverse range of foods for breakfast, 3 entrees, side meat, starch,
- vegetable & hot cereal.
- Prepare a diverse range of foods soup, 3 entrees, starch, & veg.
- Adhere to from scratch recipes
- Assist the Food Service Director & Executive Chef with overseeing daily kitchen
- Assist and train other team members
- Handle food while maintaining safety standards
- Serve food the student and faculty community
What you need:
- Professional cooking experience required
- A friendly demeanor, your smile is part of the uniform!
- Strong work ethic in a fast-paced environment
- Solid work history and great references
- Ability to follow recipes
- Capacity to stand for long periods of time and perform some heavy lifting
- Serve Safe Certification
Positions at SAGE provide competitive wages and benefits, with hours that offer a better work-life balance than those at a restaurant. We create careers, not just jobs, with significant opportunity for growth and promotion. Team Members learn SAGE Standards and enhance their skill set through extensive training in food safety, allergen awareness, and preventing eating disorders.
SAGE has enjoyed steady, organic growth for the past 30 years. We continue to grow and raise the bar in food service for the educational market. By sourcing local ingredients, introducing communities to new cuisines, and providing attentive service, we create exceptional dining experiences that delight the senses, inspire minds, and foster community.
This job advertisement should not be misconstrued as an offer of employment or a comprehensive listing of position responsibilities/expectations.
Equal Opportunity Employer.