Prep Cook/Server ~ Sunday-Thursday!Morristown, New Jersey
We cook from scratch in small batches to provide our communities with the freshest possible meals!
Working for SAGE means being part of a community. You’d work alongside creative, enthusiastic Team Members who share your passion for culinary excellence. You’d also make a difference in an academic community and bring excitement to the dining hall with made-from-scratch, Chef-inspired recipes that delight students, faculty, staff, and parents.
To get a glimpse of what a day at a SAGE venue looks like, check out our video: https://vimeo.com/340290507/19b1fa72cf
- Sunday - Thursday
- Days & some early evenings (as required)
- Occasional weekends and evenings for catering events
- Follow school calendar
What you will get:
- Paid sick time
- Uniform, shoes and masks
- Daily training
- Competitive wages paid weekly
- Career growth opportunity
- Mission-based company
What you will do:
- Prep production following SAGE recipes
- Work with the chefs in production of daily menus and catering
- Assist with building meals as needed
- Maintain a sanitary dining environment for the guests
- Follow food and sanitation protocol in accordance with COVID-19 safety practices
- Serve food on a line to students and faculty
- Assist in refilling serving lines, helping out the chefs
- Assist team with other duties
What you'll need:
- Food service experience required
- Reliable transportation
- Upbeat attitude--your smile is part of the uniform!
- Willingness to learn and adapt to changes
- Strong work ethic in a very fast-paced environment
- Ability to work with limited supervision
We’re using phone and video interviewing to make the hiring process safe and present as little risk as possible to you as an applicant. When you come for an in-person interview, you’ll see we practice physical distancing in a sanitized environment. SAGE follows healthcare best practices to keep our Team Members and visitors safe, requiring them to complete daily temperature and symptom checks, wear a mask at all times, and maintain physical distancing. Of course, this is food service, so our teams are accustomed to keeping all areas clean, but we’re sanitizing and disinfecting more frequently.
Positions at SAGE provide competitive wages and benefits, with hours that offer a better work-life balance than those at a restaurant. We create careers, not just jobs, with significant opportunity for growth and promotion. Team Members learn SAGE Standards and enhance their skill set through extensive training in food safety, allergen awareness, and preventing eating disorders.
SAGE has enjoyed steady, organic growth for the past 30 years. We continue to grow and raise the bar in food service for the educational market. By sourcing local ingredients, introducing communities to new cuisines, and providing attentive service, we create exceptional dining experiences that delight the senses, inspire minds, and foster community.
This job advertisement should not be misconstrued as an offer of employment or a comprehensive listing of position responsibilities/expectations.
Equal Opportunity Employer.