Dinner Cook ~ Swing Shift ~ Private SchoolWorcester, Massachusetts
To get a glimpse of what a day at a SAGE venue looks like, check out our video: https://vimeo.com/340290507/19b1fa72cf
- Sunday - Thursday
- Sunday: 10:00 AM - 6:30 PM
- Monday - Thursday 11:00 AM - 7:30 PM
- $16 per hour
What you get:
- Benefits for full-time positions
- Competitive pay
- Daily training
- An awesome team
- Career growth opportunity!
- Professional scratch cooking experience
- Fabulous customer service skills; your smile is part of the uniform!
- Strong work ethic in a fast-paced environment
- Passion for and creativity with food
- Ability to work well independently and as a team player
- Adhere to from-scratch recipes
- Lead team in prepping, cooking and packaging meals for 50 students and staff
- Large batch production for family style service
- Follow food safety protocol
- Assist with catering events
- Take the lead on prep and kitchen production - this is hands-on!
- Keep accurate production logs
- Inspire and motivate team members
- Maintain a clean and organized workspace
- Interact with community
Working for SAGE means being part of a community. You’d work alongside creative, enthusiastic Team Members who share your passion for culinary excellence. You’d also make a difference in an academic community and bring excitement to the dining hall with made-from-scratch, Chef-inspired recipes that delight students, faculty, staff, and parents.
Positions at SAGE provide competitive wages and benefits, with hours that offer a better work-life balance than those at a restaurant. We create careers, not just jobs, with significant opportunity for growth and promotion. Team Members learn SAGE Standards and enhance their skill set through extensive training in food safety, allergen awareness, and preventing eating disorders.
SAGE has enjoyed steady, organic growth for the past 30 years. We continue to grow and raise the bar in food service for the educational market. By sourcing local ingredients, introducing communities to new cuisines, and providing attentive service, we create exceptional dining experiences that delight the senses, inspire minds, and foster community.
This job advertisement should not be misconstrued as an offer of employment or a comprehensive listing of position responsibilities/expectations.
Equal Opportunity Employer.