Lead Cook/Sous Chef ~ Jacksonville Area!Jacksonville, Florida
To get a glimpse of what a day at a SAGE venue looks like, check out our video: https://vimeo.com/340290507/19b1fa72cf
- Occasional weekends and evenings for catering events
- Follows school calendar
- Paid sick time
- Daily training
- Uniform, shoes and masks
- Competitive wages paid weekly starting at $17.50 + per hour, based on experience
- Career growth opportunity
- Mission-based company.
- Follow from-scratch recipes
- Ability to prepare a diverse range of foods
- Interact with campus community in a friendly manner.
- Follow all food and sanitation protocol especially in accordance with COVID-19 safe practices.
- Work with a great team of culinary talent.
- Lead Cook / Sous Chef experience
- Catering/Events Experience
- Strong work ethic in a fast-paced environment.
- Excellent people skills and a friendly disposition
Working for SAGE means being part of a community. You’d work alongside creative, enthusiastic Team Members who share your passion for culinary excellence. You’d also make a difference in an academic community and bring excitement to the dining hall with made-from-scratch, Chef-inspired recipes that delight students, faculty, staff, and parents.
Positions at SAGE provide competitive wages and benefits, with hours that offer a better work-life balance than those at a restaurant. We create careers, not just jobs, with significant opportunity for growth and promotion. Team Members learn SAGE Standards and enhance their skill set through extensive training in food safety, allergen awareness, and preventing eating disorders.
SAGE has enjoyed steady, organic growth for the past 30 years. We continue to grow and raise the bar in food service for the educational market. By sourcing local ingredients, introducing communities to new cuisines, and providing attentive service, we create exceptional dining experiences that delight the senses, inspire minds, and foster community.
This job advertisement should not be misconstrued as an offer of employment or a comprehensive listing of position responsibilities/expectations.
Equal Opportunity Employer.