Assistant Food Service Director ~ High Volume Catering ~ Campus DiningRabun Gap, Georgia
School? Yes, it's a school, however at SAGE it is not "cafeteria" food. Anything you know about school food, forget it. At SAGE, our chefs and culinary teams are talented individuals who know how to prepare a great meal! Menus, written by our chefs and prepared from scratch, reflect local and regional foods, flavors and culinary styles. Our culinary team's cooking methods, recipe development and expertise make every dining experience truly unique. Our catering events rival five star restaurants.
So if you absolutely have a passion for food, want to have a schedule that is more "life friendly" than that of a restaurant, contact us today. Our best managers are as skilled in front of the house presentation and showmanship as they are in the kitchen.
This is a management salaried year-round position.
What you get:
- Benefits including life/health/disability/PTO/401(k)/discount buying plan
- Opportunity for growth
- Mission based company whose values you will want to make your own
- Beautiful community who appreciates what you contribute
- Team who cares about food safety and about serving amazing food
- Team environment where your creative culinary experience will be appreciated and utilized
- produce high quality scratch batch cooking
- manage and train the kitchen staff
- demonstrate exemplary customer service skills
- create and produce menus
- implement and maintain HACCP standards
- develop client and customer relationships
- deliver fabulous catering results
- communicate clearly, professionally and effectively
- deliver budgeted financial results
- create a positive team environment
- manage ordering and inventory
- ensure COVID-19 safety procedures are followed
- Minimum 3 years of prior food service management experience, academic community experience a plus
- high volume production experience, minimum three years
- high end catering experience
- knowledgeable in current food trends
- community/ service minded
- detail oriented
- energetic demeanor
- strong work ethic and integrity
- timely responses to communication
- proficiency with computers
- culinary degree preferred but not required
Working for SAGE means being part of a community. You’d work alongside creative, enthusiastic Team Members who share your passion for culinary excellence. You’d also make a difference in an academic community and bring excitement to the dining hall with made-from-scratch, Chef-inspired recipes that delight students, faculty, staff, and parents.
Positions at SAGE provide competitive wages and benefits, with hours that offer a better work-life balance than those at a restaurant. We create careers, not just jobs, with significant opportunity for growth and promotion. Team Members learn SAGE Standards and enhance their skill set through extensive training in food safety, allergen awareness, and preventing eating disorders.
SAGE has enjoyed steady, organic growth for the past 30 years. We continue to grow and raise the bar in food service for the educational market. By sourcing local ingredients, introducing communities to new cuisines, and providing attentive service, we create exceptional dining experiences that delight the senses, inspire minds, and foster community.
We’re using phone and video interviewing to make the hiring process safe and present as little risk as possible to you as an applicant. When you come for an in-person interview, you’ll see we practice physical distancing in a sanitized environment. SAGE follows healthcare best practices to keep our Team Members and visitors safe, requiring them to complete daily temperature and symptom checks, wear a mask at all times, and maintain physical distancing. Of course, this is food service, so our teams are accustomed to keeping all areas clean, but we’re sanitizing and disinfecting more frequently.
This job advertisement should not be misconstrued as an offer of employment or a comprehensive listing of position responsibilities/expectations.
Equal Opportunity Employer.