Lead Cook ~ Boarding School ~ Scratch Kitchen!Stony Brook, New York
To get a glimpse of what a day at a SAGE venue looks like, check out our video: https://vimeo.com/340290507/19b1fa72cfSchedule:
- 10:00a.m. - 7:00p.m.
- Follows school calendar
- Occasional weekends/overtime outside of the regular schedule
What you get:
- Daily training
- Uniforms, shoes, masks
- Mission-based company
- Free lunch
- Competitive wages paid weekly: $18-20/hr
- Career growth opportunity
What you'll do:
- Follow scratch recipes
- Follow food safety protocol
- Assist with catering events
- Take the lead on prep and kitchen production - this is hands on!
- Keep accurate production logs
- Maintain a sanitary work space
- Maintain a clean and organized work space
- Interact with campus community in a positive manner
What you need:
- Substantial culinary knowledge and prior cooking experience
- Familiarity with diverse styles of cuisine & food safety procedures preferred
- Ability to read and write in English and use simple math
- Strong organizational skills
- ServSafe certification is a plus
Working for SAGE means being part of a community. You’d work alongside creative, enthusiastic Team Members who share your passion for culinary excellence. You’d also make a difference in an academic community and bring excitement to the dining hall with made-from-scratch, Chef-inspired recipes that delight students, faculty, staff, and parents.
Positions at SAGE provide competitive wages and benefits, with hours that offer a better work-life balance than those at a restaurant. We create careers, not just jobs, with significant opportunity for growth and promotion. Team Members learn SAGE Standards and enhance their skill set through extensive training in food safety, allergen awareness, and preventing eating disorders.
SAGE has enjoyed steady, organic growth for the past 30 years. We continue to grow and raise the bar in food service for the educational market. By sourcing local ingredients, introducing communities to new cuisines, and providing attentive service, we create exceptional dining experiences that delight the senses, inspire minds, and foster community.
This job advertisement should not be misconstrued as an offer of employment or a comprehensive listing of position responsibilities/expectations.
Equal Opportunity Employer.