PM Cook ~ St Petersburg Area!St. Petersburg, Florida
Working for SAGE means being part of a community. You’d work alongside creative, enthusiastic Team Members who share your passion for culinary excellence. You’d also make a difference in an academic community and bring excitement to the dining hall with made-from-scratch, Chef-inspired recipes that delight students, faculty, staff, and parents.
To get a glimpse of what a day at a SAGE venue looks like, check out our video: https://vimeo.com/340290507
- Follows school schedule
What you get:
- Paid sick time
- Daily training
- Free lunch
- Uniform, shoes, and masks
- Competitive wages paid weekly: $15/hr
- Career growth opportunity
- Mission-based company
What you will do:
- Follow scratch recipes
- Follow food and sanitation protocol in accordance with COVID-19 safety practices
- Purchasing and receiving
- Assist with catering events
- Take the lead on prep and kitchen production - this is hands-on!
- Keep accurate production logs
- Inspire and motivate team members
- Maintain a clean and organized workspace
- Interact with community
What you will need:
- Substantial culinary knowledge and prior cooking experience
- University or school food service experience preferred
- Catering experience strongly preferred
- Reliable transportation
- Familiarity with diverse styles of cuisine & food safety procedures
- Ability to read and write in English and use simple math
- Strong organizational skills
- ServSafe certification is a plus
We’re using phone and video interviewing to make the hiring process safe and present as little risk as possible to you as an applicant. When you come for an in-person interview, you’ll see we practice physical distancing in a sanitized environment. SAGE follows healthcare best practices to keep our Team Members and visitors safe, requiring them to complete daily temperature and symptom checks, wear a mask at all times, and maintain physical distancing. Of course, this is food service, so our teams are accustomed to keeping all areas clean, but we’re sanitizing and disinfecting more frequently.
Positions at SAGE provide competitive wages and benefits, with hours that offer a better work-life balance than those at a restaurant. We create careers, not just jobs, with significant opportunity for growth and promotion. Team Members learn SAGE Standards and enhance their skill set through extensive training in food safety, allergen awareness, and preventing eating disorders.
SAGE has enjoyed steady, organic growth for the past 30 years. We had four clients when we started, and we now serve independent schools and private colleges across North America. We continue to grow and raise the bar in food service for the educational market. By sourcing local ingredients, introducing communities to new cuisines, and providing attentive service, we create exceptional dining experiences that delight the senses, inspire minds, and foster community.
This job advertisement should not be misconstrued as an offer of employment or a comprehensive listing of position responsibilities/expectations.
Equal Opportunity Employer.