Cold Prep/Salad Bar ~ Private School ~ M-F Schedule !Prides Crossing, Massachusetts
Any position at SAGE can easily become a career; we promote from within and value our team's talents! Our meals are made from scratch, so you can feel good about the food you create every day.
Check out our video. We know you’ll love it!
- 6:00 AM - 2:30 PM
- Monday - Friday
- Full Time
What you get:
- Daily training
- Competitive Pay: $17.00 - $18.00 per hour depending on experience
- Competitive wages paid weekly:
- Career growth opportunity
What will you do:
- Follow from-scratch recipes for Breakfast and Lunch
- Have prep for two days out
- Have strong attention to detail
- Manage trash
- Keep kitchen and serving area clean
- Help to receive and organize daily delivery
- Follow all food and sanitation protocol especially in accordance with COVID-19 safe practices
- Use fresh and seasonal ingredients daily
- Adhere to the daily changes in a positive manner
- Assist team with all daily kitchen duties including general cleaning, dishwashing, & food production
- Interact with co-workers, students, and client community in a friendly manner
- Be positive and upbeat at all times!
- Ability to read and write in English, use simple math, follow, and give oral and written instructions
What you'll need:
- Professional cooking experience for Cook role
- Great knife skills
- Able to work well under stress & multi-task
- Ability to work in an organized fashion with the emphasis on great food, high safety standards, and a clean work environment
- Excellent and outgoing customer service skills
- Upbeat attitude--your smile is part of the uniform!
- Strong work ethic in a very fast-paced environment
- Ability to work with limited supervision
- Ability to put away stock when goods are delivered; if needed
- Ability to lift up to 50lbs and stand for long periods of time
- ServSafe® certification, or it's equivalent
We’re using phone and video interviewing to make the hiring process safe and present as little risk as possible to you as an applicant. When you come for an in-person interview, you’ll see we practice physical distancing in a sanitized environment. SAGE follows healthcare best practices to keep our Team Members and visitors safe, requiring them to complete daily temperature and symptom checks, wear a mask at all times, and maintain physical distancing. Of course, this is food service, so our teams are accustomed to keeping all areas clean, but we’re sanitizing and disinfecting more frequently.
Working for SAGE means being part of a community. You’d work alongside creative, enthusiastic Team Members who share your passion for culinary excellence. You’d also make a difference in an academic community and bring excitement to the dining hall with made-from-scratch, Chef-inspired recipes that delight students, faculty, staff, and parents.
Positions at SAGE provide competitive wages and benefits, with hours that offer a better work-life balance than those at a restaurant. We create careers, not just jobs, with significant opportunity for growth and promotion. Team Members learn SAGE Standards and enhance their skill set through extensive training in food safety, allergen awareness, and preventing eating disorders.
SAGE has enjoyed steady, organic growth for the past 30 years. We continue to grow and raise the bar in food service for the educational market. By sourcing local ingredients, introducing communities to new cuisines, and providing attentive service, we create exceptional dining experiences that delight the senses, inspire minds, and foster community.
This job advertisement should not be misconstrued as an offer of employment or a comprehensive listing of position responsibilities/expectations.
Equal Opportunity Employer.