Lead Cook/Sous Chef ~ $15-17/HR ~ Weekdays & WeekendsSt. George, Virginia
We are located just 25 minutes northwest of Charlottesville!
Check out our video. We know you’ll love it!
- Weekdays: 11:00a.m. - 7:30p.m.
- Weekends: 10:00a.m. - 7:30p.m.
- All shifts: weekday, weekends, & evenings
- 7 day/week operation
- Follows school schedule
What you get:
- Daily training
- Appreciative community
- Competitive wages paid weekly: $15-17/hr
- Career opportunity (we love to promote from within!)
What you'll do:
- Prepare a diverse range of foods for 250 students & faculty
- Follow from-scratch recipes
- Assist other team members with additional work
- Handle food while maintaining safety standards
- Completing temps and production records
- Assist with catering events
What you need:
- Professional cooking experience
- A friendly demeanor, your smile is part of the uniform!
- Strong work ethic in a fast-paced environment
- Solid work history and great references
- Ability to follow recipes
- Capacity to stand for long periods of time and perform some heavy lifting
- Must be able to multi-task and have cooking experience in mass production
Working for SAGE means being part of a community. You’d work alongside creative, enthusiastic Team Members who share your passion for culinary excellence. You’d also make a difference in an academic community and bring excitement to the dining hall with made-from-scratch, Chef-inspired recipes that delight students, faculty, staff, and parents.
Positions at SAGE provide competitive wages and benefits, with hours that offer a better work-life balance than those at a restaurant. We create careers, not just jobs, with significant opportunity for growth and promotion. Team Members learn SAGE Standards and enhance their skill set through extensive training in food safety, allergen awareness, and preventing eating disorders.
SAGE has enjoyed steady, organic growth for the past 30 years. We continue to grow and raise the bar in food service for the educational market. By sourcing local ingredients, introducing communities to new cuisines, and providing attentive service, we create exceptional dining experiences that delight the senses, inspire minds, and foster community.
This job advertisement should not be misconstrued as an offer of employment or a comprehensive listing of position responsibilities/expectations.
Equal Opportunity Employer.