Cashier ~ Baton Rouge Area!Baton Rouge, Louisiana
SAGE Dining Services® is seeking a full-time, motivated Cashier for a private school dining hall in Baton Rouge, LA.
Working for SAGE means being part of a community. You’d work alongside creative, enthusiastic Team Members who share your passion for culinary excellence. You’d also make a difference in an academic community and bring excitement to the dining hall with made-from-scratch, Chef-inspired recipes that delight students, faculty, staff, and parents.
Positions at SAGE provide competitive wages and benefits, with hours that offer a better work-life balance than those at a restaurant. We create careers, not just jobs, with significant opportunity for growth and promotion. Team Members learn SAGE Standards and enhance their skill set through extensive training in food safety, allergen awareness, and preventing eating disorders.
Check out this video about what we do (we know you'll love it!):
- Monday - Friday
- 7:00 AM - 2:00 PM
- Follow school calendar
What you get:
- Daily training
- Competitive weekly pay $11.00-$12.50/hr
- An awesome team
- A start to your career with a growing company!
What you'll do:
- Interact with client community and run a register
- Keep areas stocked and clean
- Follow all food safety protocols
- Assist chefs with the cold prep and grab & go
- Serve meals to student and faculty community
- Show off your amazing customer service skills
What you need:
- Exceptional customer service skills--your smile is part of the uniform!
- Prior cashier experience a plus
- Computer skills are a huge plus
- Prior food service experience a plus
- Ability to lift 30 lbs and stand for long periods of time
- Ability to read, write, and communicate in English
- Multi-tasking skills and ability to prioritize
- Ability to work independently as well as part of a team
To get a glimpse of what a day at a SAGE venue looks like, check out our video: https://vimeo.com/340290507/19b1fa72cf
SAGE has enjoyed steady, organic growth for the past 30 years. We continue to grow and raise the bar in food service for the educational market. By sourcing local ingredients, introducing communities to new cuisines, and providing attentive service, we create exceptional dining experiences that delight the senses, inspire minds, and foster community.
This job advertisement should not be misconstrued as an offer of employment or a comprehensive listing of position responsibilities/expectations.
Equal Opportunity Employer.