Back-end Software EngineerLutherville, Maryland
We're looking for bright and energetic software engineers to maintain enterprise applications that run our business as well as aiding the development team with new projects. You will be a key part of our agile development team that is responsible for creating custom applications that uniquely serve SAGE's business needs. You must have a track record or show significant potential in delivering amazing software solutions.
Applications cover the realm of enterprise software including CRM systems, ERP systems, as well as dining service industry applications dealing with recipe and menu management, food safety and supply chain management.
- Design RESTful APIs in collaboration with our front-end team and implement them in Golang, Java or PHP
- Analyze and create solutions to problems on your own and in collaboration with project stakeholders and other members of our development team
- Take ownership of your projects and see them throughout implementation
- Continually research and learn the best techniques for building software systems
- Maintain our existing Golang and PHP-based software applications and interface with third party vendors
- Experience in Golang preferred, but experience in other compiled languages like Java/C/C++ is also acceptable.
- Fluency in SQL (MySQL preferred, but other variants are acceptable)
- Fluency in NoSQL (Mongo preferred but other variants are acceptable).
- Strong knowledge of programming concepts, object-oriented techniques, algorithms and concurrency
- Track record of developing products in an Agile development environment
- Strong working understanding of Git
- Understanding of and experience in Docker and Kubernetes
Nice to Have:
- Experience building RESTful APIs
- Experience with modern, object-oriented PHP7
- Experience working with CI/CD systems
- Experience working with the Atlassian Suite of tools, especially Jira and Confluence
- Experience working with OpenAPI v3 specifications
SAGE Dining Services offers a casual remote working environment. Compensation includes a comprehensive benefit package, a matching 401(k) plan, and paid time off.
U.S. Citizens and all other parties authorized to work in the U.S. are encouraged to apply.
Resumes should provide specifics with examples of work experience in required areas. Submission of links to work products is requested.
This job advertisement should not be misconstrued as an offer of employment or a comprehensive listing of position responsibilities/expectations.
Equal Opportunity Employer