Lead Cook ~ Private Day School ~ Chestnut Hill, MAChestnut Hill, Massachusetts
SAGE Dining Services® is seeking a Lead Cook for a private school in Chestnut Hill MA
SAGE provides competitive wages and a possibility for the position to grow into a part-time or full-time position. We create careers, not just jobs, with significant opportunities for growth and promotion. Team Members learn SAGE Standards and enhance their skill set through extensive training in food safety, allergen awareness, and preventing eating disorders. Apply to learn more about this opportunity to cook learn and grow with a dynamic team.
To get a glimpse of what a day at a SAGE venue looks like, check out our video: https://vimeo.com/340290507
- 6:30 AM - 3:00 PM
- Follows school calendar
What you get:
- Daily training
- Competitive wages paid weekly:
- Uniforms, shoes, & masks
- Free meal with shift
- Career growth opportunity
What you'll do:
- Follow scratch recipes
- Large batch production for college service
- Follow food safety protocol
- Assist with catering events
- Take the lead on prep and kitchen production - this is hands-on!
- Keep accurate production logs
- Inspire and motivate team members
- Produce receiving
- Maintain a clean and organized workspace
- Interact with community
What you need:
- Professional cooking experience
- Excellent Customer Service .your smile is part of the uniform!
- Strong work ethic in a fast-paced environment.
- Passion for and creativity with food
- Ability to work well independently and as a team player
Working for SAGE means being part of a community. You’d work alongside creative, enthusiastic Team Members who share your passion for culinary excellence. You’d also make a difference in an academic community and bring excitement to the dining hall with made-from-scratch, Chef-inspired recipes that delight students, faculty, staff, and parents.
SAGE has enjoyed steady, organic growth for the past 30 years. We had four clients when we started, and we now serve approximately 275 independent schools and private colleges across North America. We continue to grow and raise the bar in food service for the educational market. By sourcing local ingredients, introducing communities to new cuisines, and providing attentive service, we create exceptional dining experiences that delight the senses, inspire minds, and foster community.
This job advertisement should not be misconstrued as an offer of employment or a comprehensive listing of position responsibilities/expectations.
Equal Opportunity Employer.