Chef Manager / Food Service Director - Private Day SchoolJacksonville, Florida
We are seeking a driven manager with knowledge to produce the menu when needed on the culinary team, with great client relations skills, with a positive attitude and someone who enjoys interacting with a campus community. Our teams are fantastic and we seek managers who believe in partnership, respect and integrity.
What you get:
- Appreciative community
- Beautiful work environment
- Awesome team
- Career opportunities in growing company
- Manage and train the kitchen staff
- Demonstrate exemplary customer service skills
- Create menus
- Implement and maintain HACCP standards
- Develop client and customer relationships
- Deliver fabulous catering results
- Communicate clearly, professionally and effectively
- Deliver budgeted financial results
- Create a positive team environment
- Manage ordering and inventory
- Manage small retail operations of breakfast operation and after school snack
- Minimum 5 years of prior food service management
- Awesome team development skills
- Strong organizational skills
- High end catering experience
- High energy and stamina
- Knowledge of current food trends
- Community/ service minded
- Strong work ethic and integrity
- Culinary degree preferred but not required
Everyone grows with SAGE. We encourage our Team Members to learn new skills and take on more responsibility. We enthusiastically promote from within.
To get a glimpse of what a day at a SAGE venue looks like, check out our video: https://vimeo.com/340290507/19b1fa72cf
Working for SAGE means being part of a community. You’d work alongside creative, enthusiastic Team Members who share your passion for culinary excellence. You’d also make a difference in an academic community and bring excitement to the dining hall with made-from-scratch, Chef-inspired recipes that delight students, faculty, staff, and parents.
Positions at SAGE provide competitive wages and benefits, with hours that offer a better work-life balance than those at a restaurant. We create careers, not just jobs, with significant opportunity for growth and promotion. Team Members learn SAGE Standards and enhance their skill set through extensive training in food safety, allergen awareness, and preventing eating disorders.
SAGE has enjoyed steady, organic growth for the past 30 years. We had four clients when we started, and we now serve approximately 275 independent schools and private colleges across North America. We continue to grow and raise the bar in food service for the educational market. By sourcing local ingredients, introducing communities to new cuisines, and providing attentive service, we create exceptional dining experiences that delight the senses, inspire minds, and foster community.
This job advertisement should not be misconstrued as an offer of employment or a comprehensive listing of position responsibilities/expectations.
Equal Opportunity Employer.