Executive Chef / High end Catering / Private SchoolNashville, Tennessee
Our chefs and culinary teams are talented individuals who know how to prepare a great meal! Menus, written by our chefs and prepared from scratch, reflect local and regional foods, flavors and culinary styles. Our culinary teams' cooking methods, recipe development and expertise make every dining experience truly unique. Our catering events rival five star restaurants.
The Chef Manager must have a passion for people and food. The Candidate will have a CAN DO!! attitude, strong communication skills, high energy and enthusiasm. The best candidate will enjoy current food trends, and have nutritional and wellness awareness. In addition, the ideal manager will have great skills: people, planning, organizational, computer, and customer service.
What you will do:
- Manage and train the kitchen staff
- Demonstrate exemplary customer service skills
- Create menus for daily meal service as well as for the variety of catering events
- Maintain HACCP standards and COVID-19 safety standards
- Develop client and customer relationships
- Manage merchandising
- Deliver fabulous catering results
- Communicate clearly, professionally and effectively
- Deliver budgeted financial results
- Create a positive team environment
- Manage ordering and inventory
- Mentor the team so that future leaders are developed
- Minimum 5 years of prior food service management experience
- Outstanding client relations skills
- Self-starter skills, initiative and ability to follow through on directives
- Hands on culinary experience with upscale menus
- Knowledge of food allergens, and general nutrition guidelines
- Excellent communication skills, oral and written
- Culinary degree a plus, but not required
- Energetic demeanor
- Strong work ethic and integrity
- Timely responses to communications
- Proficiency with computers
Working for SAGE means being part of a community. You’d work alongside creative, enthusiastic Team Members who share your passion for culinary excellence. You’d also make a difference in an academic community and bring excitement to the dining hall with made-from-scratch, Chef-inspired recipes that delight students, faculty, staff, and parents.
Positions at SAGE provide competitive wages and benefits, with hours that offer a better work-life balance than those at a restaurant. We create careers, not just jobs, with significant opportunity for growth and promotion. Team Members learn SAGE Standards and enhance their skill set through extensive training in food safety, allergen awareness, and preventing eating disorders.
SAGE has enjoyed steady, organic growth for the past 30 years. We had four clients when we started, and we now serve approximately 275 independent schools and private colleges across North America. We continue to grow and raise the bar in food service for the educational market. By sourcing local ingredients, introducing communities to new cuisines, and providing attentive service, we create exceptional dining experiences that delight the senses, inspire minds, and foster community.
This job advertisement should not be misconstrued as an offer of employment or a comprehensive listing of position responsibilities/expectations.
Equal Opportunity Employer.