Executive Chef ~ Exclusive Private High School ~ Beautiful CampusCincinnati, Ohio
What you need:
- High end catering experience
- Menu planning and production experience
- Minimum three years culinary experience
- Minimum two years managing others in the kitchen
- Servsafe certification
- Ability to lead, not manage others and to mentor the team
- Desire to mentor the team and lift others to continue a culture of extreme ownership
- Happy disposition, both for client and team interactions
- Awesome references and solid resume
- Plan cycle menus and lead daily production (hands on)
- Enforce safety protocols
- Deliver an outstanding example of customer service to your team and to the community we serve
- Manage ordering and inventory
- Deliver incredible catering events rivaling 5 star restaurants
- Participate in general location management with the Food Service Director
- Manage scheduling of the team
- Participate in the interviewing, hiring,training and ongoing mentoring of the team
- Mission based North American company
- Growth opportunities ~ 50% of our promotions come from within
- Team Culture based on trust, integrity and safety
- Benefits (Health/Dental/Vision/401(k) matching/Discount Plan/STD/Life
- Salary range: $52-$62K
To get a glimpse of what a day at a SAGE venue looks like, check out our video: https://vimeo.com/340290507/19b1fa72cf
Working for SAGE means being part of a community. You’d work alongside creative, enthusiastic Team Members who share your passion for culinary excellence. You’d also make a difference in an academic community and bring excitement to the dining hall with made-from-scratch, Chef-inspired recipes that delight students, faculty, staff, and parents.
Positions at SAGE provide competitive wages and benefits, with hours that offer a better work-life balance than those at a restaurant. We create careers, not just jobs, with significant opportunity for growth and promotion. Team Members learn SAGE Standards and enhance their skill set through extensive training in food safety, allergen awareness, and preventing eating disorders.
SAGE has enjoyed steady, organic growth for the past 30 years. We had four clients when we started, and we now serve approximately 275 independent schools and private colleges across North America. We continue to grow and raise the bar in food service for the educational market. By sourcing local ingredients, introducing communities to new cuisines, and providing attentive service, we create exceptional dining experiences that delight the senses, inspire minds, and foster community.
This job advertisement should not be misconstrued as an offer of employment or a comprehensive listing of position responsibilities/expectations.
Equal Opportunity Employer.