Executive Chef / Food Service Director ~ Beautiful Day SchoolTsawwassen / DELTA, British Columbia
This is a typical day at a SAGE venue: https://vimeo.com/340290507/19b1fa72cf
What you get:
- Appreciative community
- Beautiful work environment
- Awesome team
- Career opportunities in growing mission-based company
- Manage and train the kitchen staff of 6-10
- Demonstrate exemplary customer service skills
- Create menus for daily meal service as well as for the variety of catering events that occur more frequently in a non-COVID-19 environment
- Implement and maintain HACCP standards
- Develop client and customer relationships
- Manage merchandising
- Deliver fabulous catering results
- Communicate clearly, professionally and effectively
- Deliver budgeted financial results
- Create a positive team environment
- Manage ordering and inventory
- Minimum 5 years of prior food service management preferred
- Awesome team development skills
- High end catering experience
- High energy and stamina
- Knowledge of current food trends
- Community/service minded
- Strong work ethic and integrity
- Culinary degree and/or Red Seal preferred
Positions at SAGE provide competitive wages and benefits, with hours that offer a better work-life balance than those at a restaurant. We create careers, not just jobs, with significant opportunity for growth and promotion. Team Members learn SAGE Standards and enhance their skill set through extensive training in food safety, allergen awareness, and preventing eating disorders.
SAGE has enjoyed steady, organic growth for the past 30 years. We continue to grow and raise the bar in food service for the educational market. By sourcing local ingredients, introducing communities to new cuisines, and providing attentive service, we create exceptional dining experiences that delight the senses, inspire minds, and foster community.
We’re using phone and video interviewing to make the hiring process safe and present as little risk as possible to you as an applicant. When you come for an in-person interview, you’ll see we practice physical distancing in a sanitized environment. SAGE follows healthcare best practices to keep our Team Members and visitors safe, requiring them to complete daily temperature and symptom checks, always wear a mask, and maintain physical distancing. Of course, this is food service, so our teams are accustomed to keeping all areas clean, but we’re sanitizing and disinfecting more frequently.
This job advertisement should not be misconstrued as an offer of employment or a comprehensive listing of position responsibilities/expectations.
Equal Opportunity Employer