Line Cook ~ Coconut Grove Area!Coconut Grove, Florida
SAGE Dining Services® is seeking a line cook as well as do some prep work for a beautiful day school in Coconut Grove, FL.
We make our food from scratch, so if you really want to further your career in food service, we are the company for you!
To get a glimpse of what a day at a SAGE venue looks like, check out our video: https://vimeo.com/340290507
- 5:30am - 2pm
- Monday - Friday
- Paid time off
- Daily training
- Competitive wages paid weekly: $12.50-$13.00/hr
- Career growth opportunity
- Summers off, although maybe opportunity for hours
- Follow scratch recipes for breakfast and lunch
- Keep kitchen and serving area clean
- Help receive and organize daily delivery
- Follow all food and sanitation protocol especially in accordance with COVID-19 safe practices
- Follow daily changes in a positive manner
- Assist team with all daily kitchen duties including general cleaning, dish washing, & food production
- Interact with co-workers, students, and client community in a friendly manner
- Be positive and upbeat!
What you'll need:
- Professional cooking experience and strong knife skills
- Able to work well under stress & multi-task
- Ability to work in an organized fashion with the emphasis on great food, high safety standards, & a clean work environment
- Excellent customer service skills--your smile is part of the uniform!
- Strong work ethic in a very fast-paced environment
- Ability to work with limited supervision
- Ability to put away stock when goods are delivered; if needed
We’re using phone and video interviewing to make the hiring process safe and present as little risk as possible to you as an applicant. When you come for an in-person interview, you’ll see we practice physical distancing in a sanitized environment. SAGE follows healthcare best practices to keep our Team Members and visitors safe, requiring them to complete daily temperature and symptom checks, wear a mask at all times, and maintain physical distancing. Of course, this is food service, so our teams are accustomed to keeping all areas clean, but we’re sanitizing and disinfecting more frequently.
Working for SAGE means being part of a community. You’d work alongside creative, enthusiastic Team Members who share your passion for culinary excellence. You’d also make a difference in an academic community and bring excitement to the dining hall with made-from-scratch, Chef-inspired recipes that delight students, faculty, staff, and parents.
Positions at SAGE provide competitive wages and benefits, with hours that offer a better work-life balance than those at a restaurant. We create careers, not just jobs, with significant opportunity for growth and promotion. Team Members learn SAGE Standards and enhance their skill set through extensive training in food safety, allergen awareness, and preventing eating disorders.
SAGE has enjoyed steady, organic growth for the past 30 years. We continue to grow and raise the bar in food service for the educational market. By sourcing local ingredients, introducing communities to new cuisines, and providing attentive service, we create exceptional dining experiences that delight the senses, inspire minds, and foster community.
This job advertisement should not be misconstrued as an offer of employment or a comprehensive listing of position responsibilities/expectations.
Equal Opportunity Employer.