Prep Cook ~ Private Day School ~ Montgomery, OhioCincinnati, Ohio
Our chefs and culinary teams are talented individuals who know how to prepare a great meal! Menus are written by our chefs and prepared from scratch, reflect local and regional foods, flavors, and culinary styles.
Our culinary teams' cooking methods, recipe development, and expertise make every dining experience truly unique. Our catering events rival five-star restaurants.
Working for SAGE means being part of a community. You’d work alongside creative, enthusiastic Team Members who share your passion for culinary excellence. You’d also make a difference in an academic community and bring excitement to the dining hall with made-from-scratch, Chef-inspired recipes that delight students, faculty, staff, and parents.
- Follows school calendar.
- Occasional events outside of the regular schedule.
- Great Benefits
- Paid Holidays
- $11-$13 per hour paid weekly
- Career growth opportunity
- Prepare a diverse range of foods
- Follow from-scratch recipes
- Assist Food Service Director and Executive Chef with daily kitchen operations
- Assist other team members with additional work including:
- Cooking, cleaning, serving, and washing dishes, utensils, pots and pans.
- Handle food while maintaining safety standards
- Assist in cooking both a daily lunch service as well as some catering
- Follow all food and sanitation protocol in accordance with COVID-19 safe practices
- Capacity to stand for long periods of time
- Demonstrated ability to successfully multitask
- Demonstrated ability to successfully work independently
- A friendly demeanor, your smile is part of the uniform!
- Strong work ethic and Demonstrated ability to successfully work independently as well as with the team
- Solid work history and great references
- ServSafe Certified a plus
- Demonstrated ability to successfully lift at least 50 lbs
- Demonstrated ability to successfully follow recipes and communicate in English
- Prior volume cooking experience
- Strong time management skills
- An upbeat attitude and lots of energy
Positions at SAGE provide competitive wages and benefits, with hours that offer a better work-life balance than those at a restaurant. We create careers, not just jobs, with significant opportunities for growth and promotion. Team Members learn SAGE Standards and enhance their skill set through extensive training in food safety, allergen awareness, and preventing eating disorders.
SAGE has enjoyed steady, organic growth for the past 30 years. We continue to grow and raise the bar in food service for the educational market. By sourcing local ingredients, introducing communities to new cuisines, and providing attentive service, we create exceptional dining experiences that delight the senses, inspire minds, and foster community.
This job advertisement should not be misconstrued as an offer of employment or a comprehensive listing of the position's responsibilities/expectations.
Equal Opportunity Employer