SAGE Dining Services® is seeking a reliable and enthusiastic Full-Time Prep Steward for a dining hall at a private school in Cincinnati OH.
Our chefs and culinary teams are talented individuals who know how to prepare a great meal! Menus are written by our chefs and prepared from scratch, reflect local and regional foods, flavors, and culinary styles.
Working for SAGE means being part of a community. You’d work alongside creative, enthusiastic Team Members who share your passion for culinary excellence. You’d also make a difference in an academic community and bring excitement to the dining hall with made-from-scratch, Chef-inspired recipes that delight students, faculty, staff, and parents.
- Monday-Friday, occasional evenings and weekends for catering events
- Follows school schedule
What you will get:
- Daily training
- Uniforms, shoes, and masks
- Competitive wages paid weekly: $12/hr
- Meal during shift
- Career growth opportunity
What you will do:
- Wash cookware in between meal periods
- Keep workspace clean and organized
- Assist in food prep and serving
- Follow all food safety and COVID protocol
- Interact kindly with students, staff and team
- Remove and dispose of trash
- Sweep, scrub, mop, wet vac and sanitize floor
What you need
- Awesome attitude; your smile is part of the uniform
- Demonstrated ability to successfully stand for long periods of time
- Demonstrated ability to successfully lift up to 50 lbs
- Reliability and flexibility
- Strong work ethic in a fast-paced environment
We’re using phone and video interviewing to make the hiring process safe and present as little risk as possible to you as an applicant. When you come for an in-person interview, you’ll see we practice physical distancing in a sanitized environment. SAGE follows healthcare best practices to keep our Team Members and visitors safe, requiring them to complete daily temperature and symptom checks, wear a mask at all times, and maintain physical distancing. Of course, this is food service, so our teams are accustomed to keeping all areas clean, but we’re sanitizing and disinfecting more frequently.
Positions at SAGE provide competitive wages and benefits, with hours that offer a better work-life balance than those at a restaurant. We create careers, not just jobs, with significant opportunities for growth and promotion. Team Members learn SAGE Standards and enhance their skill set through extensive training in food safety, allergen awareness, and preventing eating disorders.
SAGE has enjoyed steady, organic growth for the past 30 years. We continue to grow and raise the bar in food service for the educational market. By sourcing local ingredients, introducing communities to new cuisines, and providing attentive service, we create exceptional dining experiences that delight the senses, inspire minds, and foster community.
This job advertisement should not be misconstrued as an offer of employment or a comprehensive listing of the position's responsibilities/expectations.
Equal Opportunity Employer