SAGE Dining Services® is seeking an experienced Lead Cook
for a beautiful private school in Cincinnati OH Full-time. Follows school calendar. Occasional events/overtime outside of the regular schedule.
Working for SAGE means being part of a community. You’d work alongside creative, enthusiastic Team Members who share your passion for culinary excellence. You’d also make a difference in an academic community and bring excitement to the dining hall with made-from-scratch, Chef-inspired recipes that delight students, faculty, staff, and parents.
What you get:
- Daily training
- Uniforms, shoes, and masks
- Mission-based company
- Free lunch
- Competitive wages paid weekly: $16-$19/hr
- Career growth opportunity
What you'll do:
- Take the lead on prep and kitchen production - this is hands-on!
- Follow scratch recipes
- Follow food safety protocol
- Assist with catering events
- Interact with campus community energetically and positively
What you need:
- Substantial culinary knowledge and prior cooking experience preferred
- Demonstrated experience with diverse styles of cuisine & food safety procedures
- Demonstrated ability to successfully read and write in English and use simple math
- Strong organizational skills
- Current ServSafe certification is an application advantage
- Successful demonstration of cooking ability is part of the interview process
- Demonstrated success in high production (1000+ meals daily) environment
- Longevity at previous places of employment
- Demonstrated progression through BOH stations/positions
- Exceptional positive attitude Strong organizational skills
We’re using phone and video interviewing to make the hiring process safe and present as little risk as possible to you as an applicant. When you come for an in-person interview, you’ll see we practice physical distancing in a sanitized environment. SAGE follows healthcare best practices to keep our Team Members and visitors safe, requiring them to complete daily temperature and symptom checks, wear a mask at all times, and maintain physical distancing. Of course, this is food service, so our teams are accustomed to keeping all areas clean, but we’re sanitizing and disinfecting more frequently.
Positions at SAGE provide competitive wages and benefits, with hours that offer a better work-life balance than those at a restaurant. We create careers, not just jobs, with significant opportunities for growth and promotion. Team Members learn SAGE Standards and enhance their skill set through extensive training in food safety, allergen awareness, and preventing eating disorders.
SAGE has enjoyed steady, organic growth for the past 30 years. We continue to grow and raise the bar in food service for the educational market. By sourcing local ingredients, introducing communities to new cuisines, and providing attentive service, we create exceptional dining experiences that delight the senses, inspire minds, and foster community.
This job advertisement should not be misconstrued as an offer of employment or a comprehensive listing of the position's responsibilities/expectations.
Equal Opportunity Employer