Grill Cook ~ Weekdays ~ Training Provided!Towson, Maryland
As a Grill Cook, you will quickly learn the fast turnaround of our fry station, as well as mastering sandwiches, quesadillas, fried rice, and any number of fantastic dishes on our flat top grill station. Don't have much experience? No problem--we will provide paid training! This location is not accessible by public transit.
To get a glimpse of what a day at a SAGE venue looks like, check out our video: https://vimeo.com/340290507
- 8:00a.m. - 2:30p.m.
- Occasional events outside of normal work hours
- Follows school schedule
What you get:
- Uniform, shoes, and masks
- Daily training/feedback
- Positive community interaction
- Competitive wages paid weekly: $14+/hr based on experience
- Career growth opportunity with a growing company
What you'll do:
- Handle and prepare a diverse range of foods
- Adhere to from-scratch recipes written by our SAGE chefs
- Cook interactively at demo stations
- Assist with set-up, service, and clean-up of food production
- Interact with client community in a friendly manner
- Follow all food safety protocol
What you need:
- Food service experience preferred
- Reliable transportation required
- Fabulous customer service skills; your smile is part of the uniform!
- Strong work ethic in a fast-paced environment
- Passion for and creativity with food
- Ability to work well independently and as a team player
- Amazing references and a solid work history
We’re using phone and video interviewing to make the hiring process safe and present as little risk as possible to you as an applicant. When you come for an in-person interview, you’ll see we practice physical distancing in a sanitized environment. SAGE follows healthcare best practices to keep our Team Members and visitors safe, requiring them to complete daily temperature and symptom checks, wear a mask at all times, and maintain physical distancing. Of course, this is food service, so our teams are accustomed to keeping all areas clean, but we’re sanitizing and disinfecting more frequently.
Working for SAGE means being part of a community. You’d work alongside creative, enthusiastic Team Members who share your passion for culinary excellence. You’d also make a difference in an academic community and bring excitement to the dining hall with made-from-scratch, Chef-inspired recipes that delight students, faculty, staff, and parents.
Positions at SAGE provide competitive wages and benefits, with hours that offer a better work-life balance than those at a restaurant. We create careers, not just jobs, with significant opportunity for growth and promotion. Team Members learn SAGE Standards and enhance their skill set through extensive training in food safety, allergen awareness, and preventing eating disorders.
SAGE has enjoyed steady, organic growth for the past 30 years. We continue to grow and raise the bar in food service for the educational market. By sourcing local ingredients, introducing communities to new cuisines, and providing attentive service, we create exceptional dining experiences that delight the senses, inspire minds, and foster community.
This job advertisement should not be misconstrued as an offer of employment or a comprehensive listing of position responsibilities/expectations.
Equal Opportunity Employer.