On-Call Cook ~ Private Day School ~ Wichita, MAWichita, Kansas
SAGE Dining Services® is seeking an experienced Culinary professional and Food Service Workers for a private boarding school located in Wichita, KS.
Working for SAGE means being part of a community. You’d work alongside creative, enthusiastic Team Members who share your passion for culinary excellence. You’d also make a difference in an academic community and bring excitement to the dining hall with made-from-scratch, Chef-inspired recipes that delight students, faculty, staff, and parents.
To get a glimpse of what a day at a SAGE venue looks like, check out our video: https://vimeo.com/340290507
- Occasional opportunity for overtime with evening catered events
- Follow school calendar
What you get:
- Daily training
- An awesome team
- Competitive wages starting at $16.00 to $22.00 per hour
- Weekly pay
- Career growth opportunity
What you'll do:
- Prepare a diverse range of foods
- Adhere to from-scratch recipes
- Present meals beautifully
- Assist other team members and management with additional work
- Follow all food and sanitation protocol in accordance with COVID-19 safe practices
What you need:
- Professional cooking experience
- A friendly demeanor, your smile is part of the uniform!
- Strong work ethic in a fast-paced environment
- Solid work history and great references
- Reliable transportation: not on a bus line
- Ability to follow recipes and communicate in English
- Capacity to stand for long periods of time and perform some heavy lifting
- Serve Safe Certification a plus
We’re using phone and video interviewing to make the hiring process safe and present as little risk as possible to you as an applicant. When you come for an in-person interview, you’ll see we practice physical distancing in a sanitized environment. SAGE follows healthcare best practices to keep our Team Members and visitors safe, requiring them to complete daily temperature and symptom checks, wear a mask at all times, and maintain physical distancing. Of course, this is food service, so our teams are accustomed to keeping all areas clean, but we’re sanitizing and disinfecting more frequently.
Positions at SAGE provide competitive wages and benefits, with hours that offer a better work-life balance than those at a restaurant. We create careers, not just jobs, with significant opportunities for growth and promotion. Team Members learn SAGE Standards and enhance their skill set through extensive training in food safety, allergen awareness, and preventing eating disorders.
SAGE has enjoyed steady, organic growth for the past 30 years. We continue to grow and raise the bar in food service for the educational market. By sourcing local ingredients, introducing communities to new cuisines, and providing attentive service, we create exceptional dining experiences that delight the senses, inspire minds, and foster community.
This job advertisement should not be misconstrued as an offer of employment or a comprehensive listing of position responsibilities/expectations.
Equal Opportunity Employer.