Cook ~ Breakfast & Lunch ~ Boarding School!St. George, Virginia
At SAGE, we don’t just serve food: we create exceptional dining experiences that delight the senses, inspire minds, and foster community. Our accomplished Chefs design menus for each venue and prepare meals from scratch, using seasonal, locally sourced ingredients. We want our guests to understand where their food was grown and how each dish was prepared.
Everyone grows with SAGE. We encourage our Team Members to learn new skills and take on more responsibility. We enthusiastically promote from within.
To get a glimpse of what a day at a SAGE venue looks like, check out our video: https://vimeo.com/340290507
- Weekdays & weekends
- Follows school schedule
- Ongoing training
- Uniform, shoes, and masks
- Competitive wages paid weekly: $14-15/hour
- Career growth opportunities
- Management committed to your success
What you will do:
- Prepare a wide variety of foods for meal service
- Follow from-scratch recipes
- Open to cross-training
- Reliable transportation.
- Interact with the student and faculty community in a friendly way
- Follow all food and sanitation protocols in accordance with COVID-19 safety practices
- Work with a great team of culinary talent
What you will need:
- Professional culinary experience
- Culinary training is a plus
- Experience following recipes and handling food
- passion for and creativity with food
- Ability to work well independently as a team player
- Strong work ethic in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to communicate and read in English
- Capacity to lift up to 50 lbs and stand for long periods of time
We’re using phone and video interviewing to make the hiring process safe and present as little risk as possible to you as an applicant. When you come for an in-person interview, you’ll see we practice physical distancing in a sanitized environment. SAGE follows healthcare best practices to keep our Team Members and visitors safe, requiring them to complete daily temperature and symptom checks, wear a mask at all times, and maintain physical distancing. Of course, this is food service, so our teams are accustomed to keeping all areas clean, but we’re sanitizing and disinfecting more frequently.
Working for SAGE means being part of a community. You’d work alongside creative, enthusiastic Team Members who share your passion for culinary excellence. You’d also make a difference in an academic community and bring excitement to the dining hall with made-from-scratch, Chef-inspired recipes that delight students, faculty, staff, and parents.
Positions at SAGE provide competitive wages and benefits, with hours that offer a better work-life balance than those at a restaurant. We create careers, not just jobs, with significant opportunity for growth and promotion. Team Members learn SAGE Standards and enhance their skill set through extensive training in food safety, allergen awareness, and preventing eating disorders.
SAGE has enjoyed steady, organic growth for the past 30 years. We continue to grow and raise the bar in food service for the educational market. By sourcing local ingredients, introducing communities to new cuisines, and providing attentive service, we create exceptional dining experiences that delight the senses, inspire minds, and foster community.
This job advertisement should not be misconstrued as an offer of employment or a comprehensive listing of position responsibilities/expectations.
Equal Opportunity Employer.