FT Experienced Cook ~ Private School ~ Meriden, NHMeriden, New Hampshire
This is truly a culinary position--our meals are made from scratch daily for our community.
Check out this video about what we do (we know you'll love it!):
- Monday - Friday
- 12:00 pm - 8:00 pm
- This is a 7 day a week operation.
- We serve breakfast, lunch, and dinner.
- Occasional events outside of the regular schedule
- Follows school calendar
- Some weekend and evening catering
What You’ll Get:
- A competitive benefits package
- A competitive wage of $17.00 per hour
- Weekly Pay!
- Uniform, shoes, and mask
- Excellent Career Growth
What you’ll do:
- Adhere strictly to recipes
- Prep cooking both in daily meal services as well as catering when needed
- Build Meal boxes for breakfast and lunch
- Assist in delivery and service of meals
- Keep your space clean or organized
- Follow all food and sanitation protocols in accordance with COVID-19 safe practices HAACP protocols.
What You’ll Need:
- Reliable Transportation;
- Professional volume cooking experience.
- Fabulous customer service skills; your smile is part of the uniform!
- Strong work ethic in a fast-paced environment
- Passion for and creativity with food
- Ability to work well independently and as a team player
- ServSafe knowledge preferred
- Capacity to stand for long periods of time
- Ability to multitask
- Strong time management skills
- An upbeat attitude and lots of energy
Working for SAGE means being part of a community. You’d work alongside creative, enthusiastic Team Members who share your passion for culinary excellence. You’d also make a difference in an academic community and bring excitement to the dining hall with made-from-scratch, Chef-inspired recipes that delight students, faculty, staff, and parents.
Positions at SAGE provide competitive wages and benefits, with hours that offer a better work-life balance than those at a restaurant. We create careers, not just jobs, with significant opportunities for growth and promotion. Team Members learn SAGE Standards and enhance their skill set through extensive training in food safety, allergen awareness, and preventing eating disorders.
SAGE has enjoyed steady, organic growth for the past 30 years. We continue to grow and raise the bar in food service for the educational market. By sourcing local ingredients, introducing communities to new cuisines, and providing attentive service, we create exceptional dining experiences that delight the senses, inspire minds, and foster community.
This job advertisement should not be misconstrued as an offer of employment or a comprehensive listing of position responsibilities/expectations.
Equal Opportunity Employer.