Prep Cook/Server/Cashier ~ Private School!Lincroft, New Jersey
To get a glimpse of what a day at a SAGE venue looks like, check out our video: https://vimeo.com/340290507
- 7:30a.m. - 3:00p.m.
- Monday - Friday
- Occasional hours outside of regular schedule possible
What you get:
- Daily training
- Uniform, shoes, and masks
- Competitive wages paid weekly: $15-16.50/hour
- An awesome team
- A start to your career with a growing company!
What you'll do:
- Interact with client community and run a register
- Keep areas stocked and clean
- Follow all food safety protocols
- Assist chefs with the cold prep and grab & go
- Serve meals to student and faculty community
- Show off your amazing customer service skills
- Exceptional customer service skills--your smile is part of the uniform!
- Prior cashier experience
- Computer skills are a huge plus
- Prior food service experience a plus
- Ability to lift 30 lbs and stand for long periods of time
- Ability to read, write, and communicate in English
- Multi-tasking skills and ability to prioritize
- Ability to work independently as well as part of a team
We’re using phone and video interviewing to make the hiring process safe and present as little risk as possible to you as an applicant. When you come for an in-person interview, you’ll see we practice physical distancing in a sanitized environment. SAGE follows healthcare best practices to keep our Team Members and visitors safe, requiring them to complete daily temperature and symptom checks, wear a mask at all times, and maintain physical distancing. Of course, this is food service, so our teams are accustomed to keeping all areas clean, but we’re sanitizing and disinfecting more frequently.
Working for SAGE means being part of a community. You’d work alongside creative, enthusiastic Team Members who share your passion for culinary excellence. You’d also make a difference in an academic community and bring excitement to the dining hall with made-from-scratch, Chef-inspired recipes that delight students, faculty, staff, and parents.
Positions at SAGE provide competitive wages and benefits, with hours that offer a better work-life balance than those at a restaurant. We create careers, not just jobs, with significant opportunity for growth and promotion. Team Members learn SAGE Standards and enhance their skill set through extensive training in food safety, allergen awareness, and preventing eating disorders.
SAGE has enjoyed steady, organic growth for the past 30 years. We continue to grow and raise the bar in food service for the educational market. By sourcing local ingredients, introducing communities to new cuisines, and providing attentive service, we create exceptional dining experiences that delight the senses, inspire minds, and foster community.
This job advertisement should not be misconstrued as an offer of employment or a comprehensive listing of position responsibilities/expectations.
Equal Opportunity Employer.