Temporary Cook ~ Private Day School ~ Opportunity for FT ~ Memphis, TNMemphis, Tennessee
Working for SAGE means being part of a community. You’d work alongside creative, enthusiastic Team Members who share your passion for culinary excellence. You’d also make a difference in an academic community and bring excitement to the dining hall with made-from-scratch, Chef-inspired recipes that delight students, faculty, staff, and parents.
To get a glimpse of what a day at a SAGE venue looks like, check out our video: https://vimeo.com/340290507/19b1fa72cf
- Monday - Friday
- 6:00 AM - 3:30 PM
- Occasional weekends and evenings for catering events
- Follows school calendar
- Summers Off
- Opportunity for FT in August!
What you get:
- Paid sick time
- Daily training
- Uniform, shoes, and masks
- An awesome team
- Competitive wages paid weekly starting at $14.00 - 16.00 per hour
- Career growth opportunity
- Mission-based company
What you'll do:
- Prepare a diverse range of foods
- Adhere to from-scratch recipes
- Assist other team members with additional work
- Handle food while maintaining safety standards
- Serve food the student and faculty community
- Follow all food and sanitation protocols in accordance with COVID-19 safety practices
- Good time management skills
- A friendly demeanor, your smile is part of the uniform!
- Strong work ethic in a fast-paced environment
- Solid work history and great references
- Experience working as a Prep Cook.
- Ability to follow recipes and communicate in English
- Capacity to stand for long periods of time
SAGE has enjoyed steady, organic growth for the past 30 years. We continue to grow and raise the bar in food service for the educational market. By sourcing local ingredients, introducing communities to new cuisines, and providing attentive service, we create exceptional dining experiences that delight the senses, inspire minds, and foster community.
We’re using phone and video interviewing to make the hiring process safe and present as little risk as possible to you as an applicant. When you come for an in-person interview, you’ll see we practice physical distancing in a sanitized environment. SAGE follows healthcare best practices to keep our Team Members and visitors safe, requiring them to complete daily temperature and symptom checks, wear a mask at all times, and maintain physical distancing. Of course, this is food service, so our teams are accustomed to keeping all areas clean, but we’re sanitizing and disinfecting more frequently.
Positions at SAGE provide competitive wages and benefits, with hours that offer a better work-life balance than those at a restaurant. We create careers, not just jobs, with significant opportunities for growth and promotion. Team Members learn SAGE Standards and enhance their skill set through extensive training in food safety, allergen awareness, and preventing eating disorders.
This job advertisement should not be misconstrued as an offer of employment or a comprehensive listing of position responsibilities/expectations.
Equal Opportunity Employer.