General Managers / Chefs ~ College Food ServiceBaltimore, Maryland
These operations have food service meals/events seven days a week so these positions require weekend and evenings hours.
The GM manages ALL of the food service needs on the campus, including often managing other managers, and the hourly team. The GM should have FOH and BOH experience. We hire candidates who are "foodies" and are knowledgeable in current food trends and nutrition.
What you'll get:
- Benefits: Health/Life/Vision/Dental/Disability/Matching 401(k)/PTO
- Competitive Salary
- Mission based company with values you trust
- District and Regional manager promoted from within
- Collaborative culture
What you'll do:
- Plan high quality menus and manage production
- Demonstrate exemplary customer service skills
- Recruit, hire and train the team
- Oversee all merchandising and marketing
- Implement and maintain HACCP standards
- Develop and nurture client and customer relationships
- Deliver fabulous catering results and exceed client expectations
- Communicate clearly, professionally and effectively
- Deliver budgeted financial results
- Create a positive team environment
- Follow and ensure SAGE standards
- Promote SAGE values of Integrity, Partnership, Extreme Ownership, Respect, Education and Innovation
What you'll need:
- Minimum three years years preferred as a Dining Director OR GM with a executive chef background required
- Strong leadership abilities including recruiting, retaining and training team members
- Demonstrated food service experience including strong culinary skills
- Fluency in sanitation and safety standards, including HACCP
- Strong communication skills.
- Ability to wow the student population and keep them interested in menu
- Social media skills preferred
- High energy, positive attitude, superior ethics
- Familiarity with financial statements and management reporting
- Proven ability to financially manage a food service operation in a responsible manner
- Menu development skills
- Prior campus dining experience is a huge plus
At SAGE, we don’t just serve food: we create exceptional dining experiences that delight the senses, inspire minds, and foster community. Our accomplished Chefs design menus for each venue and prepare meals from scratch, using seasonal, locally sourced ingredients. We want our guests to understand where their food was grown and how each dish was prepared.
Everyone grows with SAGE. We encourage our Team Members to learn new skills and take on more responsibility. We enthusiastically promote from within.
To get a glimpse of what a day at a SAGE venue looks like, check out our video: https://vimeo.com/340290507/19b1fa72cf
Working for SAGE means being part of a community. You’d work alongside creative, enthusiastic Team Members who share your passion for culinary excellence. You’d also make a difference in an academic community and bring excitement to the dining hall with made-from-scratch, Chef-inspired recipes that delight students, faculty, staff, and parents.
Positions at SAGE provide competitive wages and benefits, with hours that offer a better work-life balance than those at a restaurant. We create careers, not just jobs, with significant opportunity for growth and promotion. Team Members learn SAGE Standards and enhance their skill set through extensive training in food safety, allergen awareness, and preventing eating disorders.
SAGE has enjoyed steady, organic growth for the past 30 years. We continue to grow and raise the bar in food service for the educational market. By sourcing local ingredients, introducing communities to new cuisines, and providing attentive service, we create exceptional dining experiences that delight the senses, inspire minds, and foster community.
We’re using phone and video interviewing to make the hiring process safe and present as little risk as possible to you as an applicant. When you come for an in-person interview, you’ll see we practice physical distancing in a sanitized environment. SAGE follows healthcare best practices to keep our Team Members and visitors safe, requiring them to complete daily temperature and symptom checks, wear a mask at all times, and maintain physical distancing. Of course, this is food service, so our teams are accustomed to keeping all areas clean, but we’re sanitizing and disinfecting more frequently.
Equal Opportunity Employer.