Prep Cook/Line Cook ~ Dallas Area!Dallas, Texas
SAGE Dining Services® is seeking a Prep Cook/Line Cook team member for a private dining hall in Dallas, TX.
Working for SAGE means being part of a community. You’d work alongside creative, enthusiastic Team Members who share your passion for culinary excellence. You’d also make a difference in an academic community and bring excitement to the dining hall with made-from-scratch, Chef-inspired recipes that delight students, faculty, staff, and parents.
Positions at SAGE provide competitive wages and benefits, with hours that offer a better work-life balance than those at a restaurant. We create careers, not just jobs, with significant opportunity for growth and promotion. Team Members learn SAGE Standards and enhance their skill set through extensive training in food safety, allergen awareness, and preventing eating disorders.
To get a glimpse of what a day at a SAGE venue looks like, check out our video: https://vimeo.com/340290507/19b1fa72cf
- 5:45 a.m. - 3:00 p.m.
- Follows school calendar
What you will get:
- Competitive salary starting at $14.00-$16.50/hour
- Weekly pay
- Work with a great team
- Career growth opportunities
What you will do:
- Prepare a diverse range of foods
- Prep Salad Bar and Deli Bar
- Adhere to strict recipe standards
- Maintain food lines and dining hall during service
- Assist other team members with additional work
- Handle food while maintaining safety standards
- Follow all food and sanitation protocol especially in accordance with COVID-19 safe practices.
What you need:
- Food service experience preferred
- A friendly demeanor, your smile is part of the uniform!
- Strong work ethic in a fast paced
- Excellent and outgoing customer service skills
- Upbeat attitude--your smile is part of the uniform!
- Willingness to learn and adapt to changes
- Strong work ethic in a very fast-paced environment, work with limited supervision
- Ability to put away stock when goods are delivered
SAGE has enjoyed steady, organic growth for the past 30 years. We continue to grow and raise the bar in food service for the educational market. By sourcing local ingredients, introducing communities to new cuisines, and providing attentive service, we create exceptional dining experiences that delight the senses, inspire minds, and foster community.
We’re using phone and video interviewing to make the hiring process safe and present as little risk as possible to you as an applicant. When you come for an in-person interview, you’ll see we practice physical distancing in a sanitized environment. SAGE follows healthcare best practices to keep our Team Members and visitors safe, requiring them to complete daily temperature and symptom checks, wear a mask at all times, and maintain physical distancing. Of course, this is food service, so our teams are accustomed to keeping all areas clean, but we’re sanitizing and disinfecting more frequently.
This job advertisement should not be misconstrued as an offer of employment or a comprehensive listing of position responsibilities/expectations.
Equal Opportunity Employer.