Executive Chef ~ Private Day SchoolLivingston, New Jersey
We are interviewing now for a position starting in Mid-August.
What you'll do:
- Assist FSD in general management of venue.
- Ordering and inventory cost control.
- Maintain food cost while executing a flawless food program.
- Hands-on culinary production via scratch, batch cooking.
- Produce high-end catering events with very close attention to detail.
- Communicate daily with FSD and Sous chef for daily/weekly production needs.
- Organize daily and weekly production lists.
- Maintain accurate production and temperature HACCP logs.
- Follow all SAGE HACCP and COVID safety standards.
- Build seasonal and exciting menus with SAGE approved recipes.
- Submit revisions and new recipes to the SAGE database, as your creativity is encouraged!
- Set up and execute display cooking.
- Encourage, train and follow through with hourly team members.
- Build strong sense of community among your team.
- Build trusting client relationships.
- Keep kitchen clean, organized and on-track throughout the day
- Competitive salary and benefits.
- Collaborative environment.
- Emphasis on training and development.
- Opportunities for advancement.
- Mission based company with values you trust.
- Appreciative community.
- Tremendous amount of resources and tools at your fingertips.
- Strong leadership abilities.
- Demonstrated ability to manage a food service operation in a financially responsible manner.
- Culinary degree preferred, but definitely not required.
- Outstanding customer service skills and ability to develop client relationships.
- Proven ability to hire, train, evaluate, and manage people.
- Substantial culinary knowledge: trends, techniques, and processes.
- Intermediate computer skills.
- Current ServSafe® certification, as well as local health department certification, where required.
Working for SAGE means being part of a community. You’d work alongside creative, enthusiastic Team Members who share your passion for culinary excellence. You’d also make a difference in an academic community and bring excitement to the dining hall with made-from-scratch, Chef-inspired recipes that delight students, faculty, staff, and parents.
Positions at SAGE provide competitive wages and benefits, with hours that offer a better work-life balance than those at a restaurant. We create careers, not just jobs, with significant opportunity for growth and promotion. Team Members learn SAGE Standards and enhance their skill set through extensive training in food safety, allergen awareness, and preventing eating disorders.
SAGE has enjoyed steady, organic growth for the past 30 years. We had four clients when we started, and we now serve approximately 275 independent schools and private colleges across North America. We continue to grow and raise the bar in food service for the educational market. By sourcing local ingredients, introducing communities to new cuisines, and providing attentive service, we create exceptional dining experiences that delight the senses, inspire minds, and foster community.
This job advertisement should not be misconstrued as an offer of employment or a comprehensive listing of position responsibilities/expectations.
Equal Opportunity Employer.