SAGE Dining Services® is seeking an on-call motivated Prep Cook/Server for a lovely campus dining hall in Maple Ridge, BC. Potential to become Full-Time.
To get a glimpse of what a day at a SAGE venue looks like, check out our video: https://vimeo.com/340290507/19b1fa72cf
- Monday - Friday
- Hours would be between 7:30am to 3:00pm
What you will get:
Benefits once you become Full-Time
Competitive salary starting at $18.00/hr
Work with a talented team
Mission based company
Meal provided during break
Career growth opportunities
What you'll do:
What you need:
- Cut and portion Fruits
- Prepare elaborate salads
- Prepare Sandwiches
- Prepare a diverse range of foods
- Assist other team members with additional work
- Handle food while maintaining safety standards
- Serve food to the community
- Dish Washing and cleaning Kitchen
- Food service experience
- A friendly demeanor, your smile is part of the uniform!
- Strong work ethic in a fast-paced environment
- Solid work history and great references
- Ability to follow recipes and communicate in English
- Capacity to stand for long periods of time and perform some heavy lifting
Working for SAGE means being part of a community. You’d work alongside creative, enthusiastic Team Members who share your passion for culinary excellence. You’d also make a difference in an academic community and bring excitement to the dining hall with made-from-scratch, Chef-inspired recipes that delight students, faculty, staff, and parents.
Positions at SAGE provide competitive wages and benefits, with hours that offer a better work-life balance than those at a restaurant. We create careers, not just jobs, with significant opportunities for growth and promotion. Team Members learn SAGE Standards and enhance their skill set through extensive training in food safety, allergen awareness, and preventing eating disorders.
SAGE has enjoyed steady, organic growth for the past 30 years. We continue to grow and raise the bar in food service for the educational market. By sourcing local ingredients, introducing communities to new cuisines, and providing attentive service, we create exceptional dining experiences that delight the senses, inspire minds, and foster community.
This job advertisement should not be misconstrued as an offer of employment or a comprehensive listing of position responsibilities/expectations.
Equal Opportunity Employer.