Chef Manager / Food Service Director ~ Premier Day School ~ Hands on PositionNashville, Tennessee
To get a glimpse of what a day at a SAGE venue looks like: click here
What you get:
- Appreciative community
- Competitive salary
- Beautiful work environment
- Awesome team
- Mission based, value centered company
- Area Manager and Regional Manager promoted from within, who will guide you in your career
- Meet with the client regularly to discuss service
- Ensure guest satisfaction
- Hire, manage and train the kitchen staff
- Demonstrate exemplary customer service skills
- Lead the creation of menus and production
- Merchandise, manage program
- Implement and maintain HACCP standards
- Develop client and guest relationships
- Deliver fabulous catering results
- Communicate clearly, professionally and effectively
- Deliver budgeted financial results
- Create a positive team environment
- Manage ordering and inventory
- Minimum 5 years of prior food service management, campus dining experience is a plus
- Awesome team development skills
- Strong organizational skills
- Upscale catering experience
- High volume production experience
- High energy and stamina
- Knowledge of current food trends
- Strong work ethic and integrity
- Culinary degree preferred but not required
- ServSafe certification®
Working for SAGE means being part of a community. You’d work alongside creative, enthusiastic Team Members who share your passion for culinary excellence. You’d also make a difference in an academic community and bring excitement to the dining hall with made-from-scratch, Chef-inspired recipes that delight students, faculty, staff, and parents.
Positions at SAGE provide competitive wages and benefits, with hours that offer a better work-life balance than those at a restaurant. We create careers, not just jobs, with significant opportunity for growth and promotion. Team Members learn SAGE Standards and enhance their skill set through extensive training in food safety, allergen awareness, and preventing eating disorders.
SAGE has enjoyed steady, organic growth for the past 30 years. We continue to grow and raise the bar in food service for the educational market. By sourcing local ingredients, introducing communities to new cuisines, and providing attentive service, we create exceptional dining experiences that delight the senses, inspire minds, and foster community.
We’re using phone and video interviewing to make the hiring process safe and present as little risk as possible to you as an applicant. When you come for an in-person interview, you’ll see we practice physical distancing in a sanitized environment. SAGE follows healthcare best practices to keep our Team Members and visitors safe, requiring them to complete daily temperature and symptom checks, wear a mask at all times, and maintain physical distancing. Of course, this is food service, so our teams are accustomed to keeping all areas clean, but we’re sanitizing and disinfecting more frequently.
This job advertisement should not be misconstrued as an offer of employment or a comprehensive listing of position responsibilities/expectations.
Equal Opportunity Employer.