Lead Barista ~ College Campus ~ $18/HRBaltimore, Maryland
We are seeking a motivated, dependable person who can work independently in the cafe.
To get a glimpse of what a day at a SAGE venue looks like, check out our video: https://vimeo.com/340290507
- Weekdays & weekends required
- Regularly scheduled evening shifts are out by 8pm--No more late nights!
What you get:
- Benefits for full-time positions
- Uniform, shoes, and masks
- Daily training/feedback
- Positive community interaction
- Competitive wages paid weekly: $18/hr
- Career growth opportunity with a growing company
What you’ll do:
- Keep FOH organized and clean
- Follow all food and sanitation protocol especially in accordance with COVID-19 safe practices
- Adapt to daily changes in a positive manner
- Create consistent, quality coffee drinks and food items
- Interact with co-workers, students and client community in a friendly manner
- Be positive and upbeat at all times!
- Maintain HACCP standards and COVID-19 safety standards
- Develop client and customer relationships
- Manage merchandising
- Communicate clearly, professionally and effectively
- Create a positive team environment
- Manage ordering and inventory of café supplies
- Mentor the team so that future leaders are developed
What you'll need:
- 3 years Restaurant/Cafe experience
- Upbeat attitude; a smile is part of the uniform!
- Solid work history and great references
- Barista experience a must!
- Capacity to stand for long periods of time and do some heavy lifting
- Strong work ethic and integrity in a fast-paced environment
- Excellent computer and POS system skills
- Demonstrate exemplary customer service
- Ability to communicate clearly, professionally and effectively
- Strong work ethic in a very fast-paced environment, work with limited supervision
We’re using phone and video interviewing to make the hiring process safe and present as little risk as possible to you as an applicant. When you come for an in-person interview, you’ll see we practice physical distancing in a sanitized environment. SAGE follows healthcare best practices to keep our Team Members and visitors safe, requiring them to complete daily temperature and symptom checks, wear a mask at all times, and maintain physical distancing. Of course, this is food service, so our teams are accustomed to keeping all areas clean, but we’re sanitizing and disinfecting more frequently.
Working for SAGE means being part of a community. You’d work alongside creative, enthusiastic Team Members who share your passion for culinary excellence. You’d also make a difference in an academic community and bring excitement to the dining hall with made-from-scratch, Chef-inspired recipes that delight students, faculty, staff, and parents.
Positions at SAGE provide competitive wages and benefits, with hours that offer a better work-life balance than those at a restaurant. We create careers, not just jobs, with significant opportunity for growth and promotion. Team Members learn SAGE Standards and enhance their skill set through extensive training in food safety, allergen awareness, and preventing eating disorders.
SAGE has enjoyed steady, organic growth for the past 30 years. We continue to grow and raise the bar in food service for the educational market. By sourcing local ingredients, introducing communities to new cuisines, and providing attentive service, we create exceptional dining experiences that delight the senses, inspire minds, and foster community.
This job advertisement should not be misconstrued as an offer of employment or a comprehensive listing of position responsibilities/expectations.
Equal Opportunity Employer.