There’s nothing better than enjoying a wonderful breakfast on Christmas morning while opening gifts, so we’re wrapping up our month of baking with these sweet-but-tart breakfast muffins! Get your kids involved in prepping this easy recipe, and their holiday memories will include more than the gifts they opened. Enjoy!
Yields: 24 muffins
3 cups all-purpose flour
1¼ cup brown sugar, divided
1 tablespoon ground cinnamon
4 teaspoons baking powder
½ teaspoon salt
2 eggs, beaten
2 cups vegetable oil
8 ounces plain low-fat yogurt
1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
2 large pears, peeled and diced
½ cup sweetened dried cranberries
¼ cup brown sugar
- Preheat oven to 400°F. Spray muffin pan with pan spray, or use muffin liners.
- In a medium bowl, sift together flour, 1 cup brown sugar, cinnamon, baking powder, and salt.
- In a large bowl, combine eggs, oil, yogurt, and vanilla extract.
- Add dry ingredients to wet ingredients and mix. Fold in pears.
- Evenly spoon batter into muffins pans.
- For topping, combine cranberries and remaining brown sugar. Sprinkle over batter.
- Bake 20 to 25 minutes, or until toothpick inserted comes out clean.