How many times have we heard that breakfast is the most important meal of the day? Studies show that children who eat breakfast learn better, behave better, and are more likely to meet their nutrient needs each day.
Unfortunately, it's the meal most likely to be skipped. To make sure that breakfast is part of your family’s morning routine, be prepared with quick, easy, and convenient options for morning fuel. An ideal, balanced breakfast includes a whole grain (whole wheat toast, oatmeal, whole-grain cereal), a food with some protein (yogurt, milk, cheese, peanut butter, egg) and a piece of fruit or 4 oz of 100% fruit juice.
Quick breakfast ideas:
- - Peanut butter and banana sandwich on whole wheat bread
- Granola bar and orange juice
- Yogurt with fresh berries and whole-grain cereal
- Oatmeal with almonds and milk
- Egg & vegetable whole-grain burrito (can prepare eggs the day before!)
- String cheese, brown rice cakes and grapes