For a light, savory spring supper, enjoy this chewy flatbread topped with smooth ricotta and bright asparagus.
Asparagus & Ricotta on Herbed Flatbread
Yields: 2 14-inch flatbreads
If you’re short on time, substitute pita from a local bakery for the fresh-baked flatbread, and mix the herbs in with the ricotta.
2 cups all-purpose flour
1 tablespoon minced garlic
1 tablespoon minced fresh thyme
1 tablespoon minced fresh parsley
1 teaspoon kosher salt
1 teaspoon ground black pepper
¼ cup water
1 bunch of asparagus, woody ends removed and discarded
8 ounces of ricotta, divided
¼ cup olive oil for drizzling
- Using a whisk attachment blend together flour, garlic, thyme, salt, and pepper.
- Add water and mix on low until dough is formed. Add water as needed so dough is just moist.
- Remove dough from bowl, wrap in plastic wrap, and refrigerate for 30 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- Cut the asparagus in half lengthwise if thick, then cut into two-inch pieces.
- Split the dough in half and roll each dough ball to ¼-inch thickness on a floured surface.
- Transfer the dough to a greased baking sheet and bake for 10 minutes.
- Top baked flatbreads with ricotta and asparagus, then drizzle with olive oil.
- Bake 8 to 10 minutes, or until golden.